Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5673 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been opened for those within Eastern Region to simply chat about our regional stuff!!

Feel free to post anything that is Eastern related, I'll be checking this thread fequently to make sure no-one has any problems!!

Happy posting!!

Laters

:beer:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
May I congratulate Mr Pandafeatures on yet another good idea :p :D

Now all we need now is something to talk about.

eeerrrrrmmmmmmm.......................

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
I saw a certain red mk3 Astra Saloon at the Festival leisure park in Basildon yesterday.

Looked very smart... wonder whose it could be!?

P.S Signs is a wicked film.

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
It looked very clean and a lot different to the last time I saw it.

If it's a secret though I don't wanna give anything away!

Looking very cool though.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woo Hoo......my car got spotted!! :D And yup, there's no giving the game away.........

.........thanks for the comment about nice and clean, you must have been at a distance coz the car is a bit grubby, and is in need of a wee visit to a bodyshop!! But alas, the suspension/handling cause is calling!!

Well I think the last time you saw my car was at that Colchester meet (the one in the rain, with the really good turnout :rolleyes: ) think all I had on was clear front and side indicators!!

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope......no zorst, still got the 'limp-as-a-dogs-****' backbox!!

Finish the car........well it will one day be finished (or at a stage where I no longer want to do anymore!!)..........but it will be very, very cool when it begins to take shape!! But I can't give the game away coz there's now 3 other mk3 astra saloons on MIG, so the competition is tough!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is it just me or is anyone else getting excited about next Sunday?:)
Busy time ahead!!
Sprayed new rear bumper today - must stop sniffing that thinners:p
Fitting tomorrow (would have liked to have given longer to dry but needs must)
Thursday booked in for new exhaust on my day off
Booked a days holiday for sunday
sortted

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
FAO Mr Bamboo cane.

Just a thought. A few months ago an idea was put up for an Eastern Region Christmas meal. Well whilst I was having lunch in a pub today got me thinking. If you want to go ahead with it, do you think that we need to start doing something about it before everywhere gets booked up.

Its just that this particular pub is taking resovations already with alot of places already taken.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THE GEN

Basically speaking, my car is in a position of doubt!! She has a few dents, deep scratches, couple of creases, rotten arches, very rusty rear doors and a warped rear end....to have all of this repaired will cost over £1k easily!! I've been toying with the idea of getting a different saloon, one that has a mint (or as near to it) bodywork....the rest is relatively unimportant as I'll use mine to help out with bits!! I've found a few good examples, just need to raise the money (having forked out £175 on an MOT I'm a little behind!!)

I'm also at a crossroads with styling!! I've always wanted to do a touring look-a-like saloon, but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea now!! Coz it was never used in motorsport, I'm relying on the Vectra for inspiration.....but the problem is that my car will always be a 'wanna-be' touring veccy!?!?!?!
The alternative is a clean, possible sleeper look..........using std vaux bits, a little irmscher thrown into the mix and a bit of luck it should come out looking great!! But problem with that is affording irmscher stuff.........also, will the car stand out, or just be a subtle saloon sitting some where on the MIG stand at Billing!?!?!? It won't have much of an engine to compensate coz that'll take a while longer!!

Bugger...............help guys and gals!! Any words of wisdom!?!?

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Do what makes ya happy mate, it's the only way to get near satisfaction where cars are concerned.

Personally I love the 'wheels buried in the arches' look of touring cars and I think if you got some good pictures together and mucked about in PSP or Photoshop you could create something really cool.

This could still be subtle, but imagine you car (red) with some black 17" rims up in the arches (rotten), some subtle graphics, larger spoiler and some decals here and there.

That's how I saw it anyways, looked phat!

1 - 20 of 5673 Posts