Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello any tell me what carbs will fit on the e16se engine from a nova gte? cant affors twin 40's any other options?

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
you "could" slap the weber 32/34 on with possibly a 1.3sr inlet manifold, BUT youd lose a fook load of power, eg the mpi 1.6 is 100 bhp and the 32/34'd one would be approx 70ish if your lucky lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also I install the ignition distributor from a 2.0L 8 valves early engine with carburetor
with the dcoe and the distributor ,10.6 to 1 c.r runs de 1/4 mile in 16,1 s faster than fuel injection
Corsarius

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
the efi manifold is well designed and your certainly not going to gain anything by switching to 32/34 carb, infact as stu said u'll most likely lose power and economy as well as drivability

u barely make any gains switching to 40's unless u do other mods to complement them either

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
yes but this guy DOESNT want to fit twin 40 carbs... he wants to fit a simple single unit 32/34 or similar. Which imho is a bad idea.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your input, think ive fixed the prob with my injection now (hopefully) my auxilery air valve was stuck, ordered a new one so fingers crossed this with fix it, cheers ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can i xplain my job

i´m doing it with 16sv induction (two body) but with Rochester Varajet 2 carb. doing mechanical job and welding new aluminium plate

Varajet 2 had done about 100hp at big block 16SH. It has to run ...

at now, only, had some problems with distributor link, but i had done some mod with 1.2 vacum distributor. the next test can be with 16sh/18E vacum distributor.

I want to run about 100 hp like inyection but on "ilegal" 1.3GT mk2 pappers, with original carb sound, with carb sensations. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts