Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as an intrest gainer, would anyone be intrested in a DTA dyno box and or data lead for much less than DTA charge.

Ok so the ones id make arent as "pretty" but they do the exact same job for a fraction of the cost ( I belive DTA want £200 +vat or something daft for them)

also i could make MBE data leads if enough intrest is formed

Id estimate the dyno boxes being about £55ish, the DTA leads approx £20ish and the MBE ones £25ish since there are extra bits in them lol

if there is "enough" intrest then id knock up a load and bung them in F/S etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last time i tried (about 18-20 months ago) i got flamed big time for trying to sell them lmao. oh well ill try again if people want them.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
willisit said:
Does this plug in to the DTA ECU?
Goes between your ecu and your mapping laptop. Allows you to use the live mapping adjustments a lot easier and more precise.

Basically just a box with a couple of adjustment knobs and buttons.

·
Registered
23,729 Posts
Of course they will be sold as "dta compatible dyno boxes" ;)

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah yeah sorry, they will be "equivelant to" but not identicle to DTA boxes lol

as said the box goes between the pc/laptop and the ECU, allows you to fettle the fuel/spark maps with ease. It will also have an integrated data lead so all parameters of the ecu can be adjusted from the pc/laptop

obv the data lead on its own will allow full paramater adjustments, but not quite so easily if your being bounced around in the car lol (i know its very hard to map while someone else drives, its even harder to map while you drive lol)

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok im going to make a load of dta compatable data leads and MBE compatable data leads V soon.

Ill make them approx 1.5M long unless someone has a specific length requirement (ohhh er missus)

Post will be going up in forsale soon.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
excuse me for being an idiot, but what do these do?

I know you said it "allows you to fettle the fuel/spark maps with ease" but what does that mean? and is that all it would do?

Sorry for being a numpty

:beer:

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
calm down scouse :p ill make yours with special powers in it too lol

if you have a DTA ecu then the dyno box, in conjunction with a laptop/pc, will allow you to adjust the fueling and ign with ease.

its NOT for std ECU's nor is it for carb and dizzy applications where your not using a DTA ecu. If you want i can sell you a pot with long wires so you can place it inline with the coolant temp sensor and vary your "power" like that lol

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
cambridge said:
calm down scouse :p ill make yours with special powers in it too lol

if you have a DTA ecu then the dyno box, in conjunction with a laptop/pc, will allow you to adjust the fueling and ign with ease.

its NOT for std ECU's nor is it for carb and dizzy applications where your not using a DTA ecu. If you want i can sell you a pot with long wires so you can place it inline with the coolant temp sensor and vary your "power" like that lol
i could make my own no problem but can't be bothered so i will have one. so 15pin out of ecu to dyno box then 9 pin out of dyno box to pc yes ?.
i want sockets on the dyno box not a flying leads so i can change the lenght of lead as i want ?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Ahh i see your getting somewhere with this now stu.
I remember last time when you tried this. I wonder if all who flamed went and made one or actually bought one from dta?? Hmmm Doubt it. lol

Anyhow its all quality stuff.

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts