Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 new arches on my cav but the gap between the door and new arch thats been welded on is more than it should be

how hard/easy reckon it would be to use fibreglass/filler to make the gap smaller ??

anytechniques for getting a straight line ?

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gap is probably about 6-7mm at the worst point (guess)
i welded them on and hadnt done it before, 1 side is fine (once i made the mistake on the 1st side)

just wondering if its possible to get it looking good/straight and following the lines of the door

or if it would be better left alone with a straight edge but a bit of a gap

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Sorry...assumed a bodyshop had done it :eek:
You should be able to get away with filling and shape to suit....just remember, that area will be softer obviously than metal so won't take the knocks of people getting in and out so much etc
Any pics?........promise not to criticise :D

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
criticism not a problem lmao
car was 50 quid so ideal for me practicing on
its all came out quite nice (looks a bit rough in th epic eh) apart from the gap

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol
that sides got filler over the seam and smoothed off, other side is welded on but untouched
i got ****ed off smoothing it/sanding it/smoothing it/sanding it so sprayed some paint over both sides to prevent rust and have been doing mechanical stuff to it for its MOT
bumper ,skirts etc are all on it just now
only need an ARB link and headlight height adjusted and its passed :)

however neither arches are finished yet

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
cavgsi said:
lol
that sides got filler over the seam and smoothed off, other side is welded on but untouched
i got ****ed off smoothing it/sanding it/smoothing it/sanding it so sprayed some paint over both sides to prevent rust and have been doing mechanical stuff to it for its MOT
bumper ,skirts etc are all on it just now
only need an ARB link and headlight height adjusted and its passed :)

however neither arches are finished yet
Oh well keep at it....be a classic car soon and won't need tax lmao :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.