Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a year and a half of plain bad luck with cars, I bought an astra...

Had it 2 weeks, and it blew the head gasket...
Fixed that, was fine for a month or so, then started losing oil, about a litre a month, but not leaving drips on the ground. Small leak from the dizzy, but not that much...
So, went out to check all the levels today. Oil is on minimum again...
Checked the water level and dropped the cap, that managed to squeeze through the smallest of holes and hit the floor in the middle of the car... :doh:

SO, down on hands and knees, and what do i see?

Dent in the sump from a stone, with a small pinhole leak, right above the downpipe... :mad:

If i didnt need a car to get to work, id just walk everyplace...
Would be a hell of a lot cheaper, no insurance, no tax, no fuel tax, no repairs, no maintenance, no getting dirty fixing it every other weekend...

So, while were here, did any mk3 astra's have an undertray or stoneguard for the sump fitted?

·
Registered
575 Posts
lol, soudns like me mate, i got this veccy and had it not even 2 weeks, crashe dit, run a woman over, blew the engine up, and now its jus sat in my front street till i can find another engine :-(

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I reckon ive had pretty good luck with my car. Got it nearly a year ago as my 1st car for £800. Needed a new back box so sorted that and the rear box too for £100, a few months ago the rollbar linkage ma boba broke so sorted that. And a month ago a bearing went but i couldnt afford to replace it at the time so carried on driving it and ended up doubling the price to fix it lmao

So total for a years driving in a 12yr old car £250ish - what do ya think? BTW all work done at garages so obvioulsy could be cheaper if id done it myself (next car im gunna tinka i thinks :D)

This is in the time its took my mate to go through 3 cars, 1 snapped a driveshaft in half lmao, one well and truely done in a clutch, and the latest one half the exhaust fell off while he was driving along lmao - once something brakes he just says "feck it, i dont want it nomore" and gives it too his lass or a mate or something lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts