Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or o.k ?
Looking at another uk turbo, the guy has owned it 2 mths, he took in part ex for his evo but says fuel economy is too bad,but would of thought evo was just as juicy ?!?!?!, it does have a dump valve, possible reason for bad economy, how easy is it to put the standard re-circ stuff on, oo, i sound like i knwo what im on about LOL, anyhoo, he says the previous owner, his mate, hmm, had a mate who owned an sti who writ it off, so this guy put some sti parts on this one, strut brace amongst some he can see, but he said it has the rear diff of an sti, how will this make the car, better, worse, good idea etc ??????

other points, the guy removed the air bag module to fit his dvd player in centre dash, the lite is on, naturally,but he said the guy put the module back in to prove lite went off, the current owner hasnt put it back in as he doesnt want to mess it up/**** it up anyhow ?!?!

hmmm maybe ?!?!?

no work done to engine, history wise, no gearbox rebuilt/no engine rebuilds, it has 120k,it has had an excedia <sp> race clutch put on about month ago.

it has an internal boost controller,555 No/plate,

i hate buying these cars, so much to look into !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds a little sus to me.
you cannot put the rear diff from an sti on it as its a different ratio,uk 3.545:1 sti 4.4:1 you would need to take the gearbox appart and change the front diff also.
why would you remove the air bag module to fit a dvd player?
why not buy my scoob instead? its a uk turbo with 84k on the clock, in reddish blue with a p1 front splitter its a very nice car.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
turbodude said:
Sounds a little sus to me.
you cannot put the rear diff from an sti on it as its a different ratio,uk 3.545:1 sti 4.4:1 you would need to take the gearbox appart and change the front diff also.
why would you remove the air bag module to fit a dvd player?
why not buy my scoob instead? its a uk turbo with 84k on the clock, in reddish blue with a p1 front splitter its a very nice car.
if its driving tho, he must of done something right ?!?! could this be why bad performance ?!?

i did wonder about the air bag module, he insists if u fit the module, the lite goes off, he has seen it, i would test this too before purchase,but still strange !??!

always the good lookers have problems.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
possibly if the front and rear diffs wern't matched it would feel as if the car was traveling over a cattle grid constantly. i would say it's probably not got a sti rear diff.
did i say mine has a 555 plate on it.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
basically if you have to ask yourself "is this iffy?" then simply walk away rather than spend time working out if tis ok, then buyit and find its a can of worms...

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm, think i`ll give it a miss, if i have to ask is it iffy then hmm, sod it !!

i did find it strange how he said the guy refitted the module and the lite went off, but left it unconnected cause he didn twant to mess it up by fitting it, all it is is on a mounting plate and a connector, well, the my00 is,on my sport, its just at the bottom of the centre console, where the gear gaitor trim ends.
now i know what people are on about thwne they say they saw 5 scoobs and 5 were duffers !!,even tho i ahevtn seen it, dont want to waste £20 fuel and a few hrs if by description it sounds iffy, and he has only had it 2 mths, from an evo to that and its too juicy

cheers all.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts