Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going quite fast over the weekend (on a race track honest) and coming down from just over 130 clock speed to 55 it felt a bit squirmy, have I already got the biggest discs on a 1997 V6 Cally? Is it the grooved and drilled route for improvement, or does the turbo offer more stopping power to start with?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The callipers are effectively the same but the pads are a lot bigger in the V6 compared to the turbo so your better off sticking with the V6 ones.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NotNormal said:
The callipers are effectively the same but the pads are a lot bigger in the V6 compared to the turbo so your better off sticking with the V6 ones.

ops :rolleyes:

After the smell that they were giving off when I pulled up I thought they might not have been up to the job, but then again they haven't warped so.........

Are the discs the same size?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I was completely wrong then. :)

I guess Black Diamond (?) and some EBC pads are the best for action no?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
As mentioend the Calibra Turbo and V6 caliper are the same, they have the same P/N. However I don't know about the caliper carriage backet.

For a cheaper upgrade to 308mm, use a Vectra 2.6L GSi caliper brackets and 5-stud 308mm discs. Everything else keep the same, it all bolts on and you have 308mm brakes now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts