Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I have got a mk3 astra 1400 on a J plate and need to find out about a digi dash. Can i use a 16v or does it have to B a 8v one??
Also need a complete list of all the parts that R required??

:beer:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I think I need is this correct

1) Main unit
2) Gearbox transducer and its small black plug with at least 5" of wire on it
3) The Large Black and large white plugs that connect to the back of the digi dash with at least 5" of loom on them

Have I missed anything??

·
Registered
23,727 Posts
Astra_1400_si said:
This is what I think I need is this correct

1) Main unit
2) Gearbox transducer and its small black plug with at least 5" of wire on it
3) The Large Black and large white plugs that connect to the back of the digi dash with at least 5" of loom on them

Have I missed anything??
Two wire oil pressure sender if you want your oil pressure gauge to work properly :)

·
Registered
23,727 Posts
If I remember rightly they are usually fitted next to the oil filter. Make sure its the one with two terminals on.

I've not put mine on yet so I cant comment any further I'm afraid - it should fit your car though most I've seen have the same thread.

·
Registered
23,727 Posts
Haynes manual is probably your best bet here - I fitted mine exclusively with info from this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I might well be mad, but what are U using?
as far as I know, the MkII does not fit worth a monkeys, if it doesn't, I might be interested in purchased the aforementioned monkey, so let us know how it goes, cheers.

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
If you seperate the mk3 perspex cover from the black,which sits in front of the dash,then put the perspex on to the digi dash looks loads better.

But you have to seperate the perspex first.....good luck ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
wouldn't bloody bother mate, its a lot of hassle to get the loom wired up and to be honest i reckon it looks very dated and a bit tacky, although others may disagree! i had one in my '96 astra and replaced it with standard clocks after a couple of weeks. oh by the way, if anyone is interested in buying a digi dash. gearbox sender and wiring diagram give me a buzz on [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts