Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an uprated clutch for my cav turbo from Wallace Performance,Are there any noticible visable diffrences between a normal clutch and and uprated one.The reason i am asking is the clutch i took out looks identical as the one that went in.

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Some extra fancy racing style clutches will look different but normally they will look not all that different to std ones.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
cavyturbo4x4 said:
I recently bought an uprated clutch for my cav turbo from Wallace Performance,Are there any noticible visable diffrences between a normal clutch and and uprated one.The reason i am asking is the clutch i took out looks identical as the one that went in.

Cheers

Neil
thats cus they are the same item you can buy for 120 from your local factors, i have compared them both side by side and believe me there is no difference, not in the friction material or the springs themselves, which i measured the thickness with a caliper guage. when u do a flywheel mod you increase clamping pressure hence which is why its able to take the extra torque prior to slipping.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
point of order, most aftermarket clutches are boggo LUK mechanicals with uprated drive plate and or springs. Visually identical isnt really definitive.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Standard clutch on left. Wallace P one onn right.

Only differance (I think) on turbo clutch is friction material. - It's an organic type of the Wallace one (looks like little bits of copper strands in material). Both use LUK metal parts (and are stamped up LUK).

Also think turbo kit includes an uprated pressure plate.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
those two clutches are not identical, the plates are different.

these two pics are of 1 clutch plate, the std sachs/luk item, and its identical to you pic of the tuirbo clutch on the right, the one on the left is the std clutch i had on it before with the single springs.

this is a turbo clutch

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
observer said:
this is a turbo clutch
thats my clutch!

Thats is a Wallace Performance clutch BTW, not a std C20LET clutch, even though, as mentioed, it looks like it and yes it has LuK stamped all over it (apart from the firction pads).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts