1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
yeah, its just dissapointing because it sounds like i've got a hole in the exhaust (well, i suppose in a way i have)

Great for blasting past people with open car windows as well lmao

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
had one for years mate

rik, if you space the actuator away from the vent it closes harder and stops the leak (did on mine anyway)

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
chip said:
not easy to remove to clean out either :(
you just apply air pressue to open the vent and then clean it out

oh ps i sent one to trev about a year ago and he should be making his own soon

·
91,273 Posts
To fit that on a std kkk, your gonna make a custom elbow including the lamda, to then incorporate the screemer??

·
91,273 Posts
T.F.S.© said:
it goes on the exhaust, not the turbo

it just welds in, 30 min job
Hmmmmm, just trying to work that out in my head.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
have a look on that link (and the link to the VTS website) it explains it fully with vids and pics

basicially you remove the cat, put straight pipe inbetween (regular decat then!) and then put a t piece in eith the vent on it......when boost hits 17-20psi the vent opens and grannys get scared!!

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
Nobbie said:
Hmmmmm, just trying to work that out in my head.
its an actuator valve - same as what you'd use on a turbo for boost control...........When u reach whatever boost it opens the actuator (via boost pressure) which pulls the rod back, allowing the flap to open and let all the exhast gases escape ;)

It basically allows u to keep the nice and quiet exhaust system whilst "off boost" and then when your on full chat and wanting the exhaust to flow really well...the valve will open ;)

Good idea - only downside is it's gonna be SO loud lmao

·
91,273 Posts
artfulmatt said:
Good idea - only downside is it's gonna be SO loud lmao
And it might set light to the bottom of your car.

What about back pressure for the turbo, or is enough created from the downpipe.

Surely spending money on that you should look at having a custom elbow made up with a lamda in it, that'll help flow even better, although i like the idea of it sounding like a jet!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
wonder if thered be any way to make that work N/A, like ollys old nova, std quied 3 box exhaust and then that out of a single large box or something lol.

prolly need to use exhaust pressure to open it or something.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alistairolsen said:
wonder if thered be any way to make that work N/A, like ollys old nova, std quied 3 box exhaust and then that out of a single large box or something lol.

Just replace the actuaator with a solenoid fired at 99% throttle or something along those lines.

·
91,273 Posts
DaveB has/had the same system for his TB's, made it a side exit.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
alistairolsen said:

its opened using boost so would not stricktly work on a n/a car

but you could have a little cylinder of air that you could use solinoids to send pressure to it and work so yea you could fit on to a n/a car

1 - 20 of 49 Posts