Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
also since my motor is ecotec does that make it a Z18XER instead?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well that sucks, you know where I can get cams from? Also thanks for answering my question, your the first to ever give me definitive answer

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well that sucks, you know where I can get cams from? Also thanks for answering my question, your the first to ever give me definitive answer
i think before you start ordering parts, you need to figure out what engine your car has.

check your 2 camshaft sprockets, to see if there the vvt type or not. XE is non-vvt. XER is vvt.

i cant remember exactly, but i think the XER had an external, belt driven water pump too, which was different from the older XE, but not 100% sure, my memorys hazey.

somewhere on the engine, there will be a stamped code, to confirm its exact model. i think its on the flat edge of the casing, where the engine mates to the gearbox.

quick look on wiki says this :

2012–2018 Chevrolet Sonic (1.8L LUW/LWE in North America)

Z18XER 1.8
A18XER (2H0) (F18DA)
P18XER (LWE)
U18XFR (LUW)
N18XFF (LFH)

·
Registered
267 Posts
On the cylinder head, above exhaust port 3 and directly below the lip that the cam cover seals against it will have z18xe or z18xer cast into it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i think before you start ordering parts, you need to figure out what engine your car has.

check your 2 camshaft sprockets, to see if there the vvt type or not. XE is non-vvt. XER is vvt.

i cant remember exactly, but i think the XER had an external, belt driven water pump too, which was different from the older XE, but not 100% sure, my memorys hazey.

somewhere on the engine, there will be a stamped code, to confirm its exact model. i think its on the flat edge of the casing, where the engine mates to the gearbox.

quick look on wiki says this :

2012–2018 Chevrolet Sonic (1.8L LUW/LWE in North America)

Z18XER 1.8
A18XER (2H0) (F18DA)
P18XER (LWE)
U18XFR (LUW)
N18XFF (LFH)
If I read that right, the luw is what I've got since im not in California

21 - 26 of 26 Posts