Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright peoples?.. So the question remains. Whats the difference between the facelift calibra and the non facelift? When did the facelift come out? How can i tell if mines a facelift? Just the usual..

Cheers peeps

Gary

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I think the only differences are the v grille, no bonnet badge, and the nicer badges on the back. Different cloth interior too.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mines has a badge on the bonnet and no v grill. also not got front fogs. Its plate is viw 2171 Which turns out an m plate Irish car. se something. But car has had new bumper bonnet...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got lights??? Not much to say really. Its got black grill which looks aftermarket. Eh. No heated seats. 8v. Elec s/roof & windows & mirrors. Rear discs. Abs. Dont really know... Silly twin silver exhaust tip. Looks standard...

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
It'll have 5 spokes if its a V-Grill, or fanny's if its a non facelift.
288mm front brakes on V-Grill, 284mm on non facelift. And you can't fit 284's to a 288 hub so these can't have been changed unless the whole front leg (hub) has been changed too.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RosythRob - You can see it on sat if you want but its got a black bumper at the mo along with black mirrors. Its low though. Very low. Still got a bit of work to do to it. See it if you want. you have to come to pitcorthie with me to see it though.

TheFbi - Cant measure my discs am bout 40 mile away from car atm. Dont have v grill though but does have different from bumper.. Has Stupid alarm standard which i cant work out how to get it to work!!! V irratating! Does have ugly 5 spoke ish things. Locking centre cap...

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Cathcart cav said:
Has Stupid alarm standard which i cant work out how to get it to work!!! V irratating! Does have ugly 5 spoke ish things. Locking centre cap...
No idea about the alarm, I just use the Cobra on mine.
For some reason I was presuming it was a Turbo, hence the suggestion of 288mm brakes and 5 spokes.

I notice its an 8v so forget the 288mm brake stuff, probably 256mm and I don't think they ever got any larger.

The 5 spoke 16" on the facelift Turbo's are nice :)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are 15". 195 i think by the way!! (tyre width). You were presuming it was a turbo because most on here are! :) . Thanks for trying though. Will i ever find out if its facelift or not? Not got front fogs. Dont all facelifts have them?

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
288s came out in 1996, with the Smooth look Handles,

Facelift was on 1995 M like the Astra.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
smooth look handles? Same as cav? thats what mines look like.. any gen on factory alarm?

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
No, smooth handles like the Vectra, and 96> AstraF.

not textured like the ealry ones.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ahhh mine are identical to the cav ones. Identical. So mines is pre-facelift... Cheers alot. Not that theres much difference! So you not know how to work that silly factory alarm either?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone know bout the alarm? I know it exists. I press the button on the sensors and the light flashes. Then close the door. After bout 5 secs the light goes of. Set or not workin properly?

Already found my cars pre-facelift but cheers for tryin butter. :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Cathcart cav said:
Anyone know bout the alarm? I know it exists. I press the button on the sensors and the light flashes. Then close the door. After bout 5 secs the light goes of. Set or not workin properly?

Already found my cars pre-facelift but cheers for tryin butter. :)
lol, is this your new nickname for me? lmao

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
930 Posts
if it was an m plate it should be facelift. post the chassis number and i'll tell you what model year it is.

does yours have a front foglight switch? airbag?

all n.a. 2.0 calibras had the same front discs.

:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts