Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 685 Posts

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time came to finally buy myself a decent car instead of bombing around in cheap ****ters :pmsl:
All though my last work bomber was a £100 Calibra 16v cost me £40 in bits to get it through an MOT and i've had a years hassle free motoring out of it only having to replace a CV joint and a couple of gaitors so not bad at all :nod:
Here she is in all her glory:

I took her for her MOT knowing she'd fail but on how much i wanted to know 3 pages later it was concluesive she was destined to be stripped and weighed in :cry:
Shame really as it was such a confortable car to drive and sat happily at 90mph on motorway (private one :p ) but now i'll be having her hassle free engine out as it's a DIS as well and things like equal length shafts etc out and selling any other bits before weighing her in and probably still get £100 back for her :clap:
So here's my new daily driver it's a 51 plate Europa blue 2.2L Bertone SE1 has done 72K and has FSH and 12 months MOT and is mint inside and out bar a broken filler cap catch but thats an easy fix, it's standard bar a tinted rear screen, matching alcantara handbrake and gear gaitor, some custom mats and full blue LED's which look really good tbh.

And my favorite part the black leather and blue alcantara interior

Planned mods are gonna be cosmetic to start with:
De-badged grill and boot lid
HID's (possibly, not driven at night yet, but anything like calibra definatly will)
Paint wheels (anthraite)
Fit coilovers and slam on it's arse
Fit some 19" snowflakes or BBS style rims (at a later date)
Back box or i'll make full system
not gonna touch engine as it's a daily driver (famous last words :pmsl: )
although would be tempted with a super charger kit :nod:
Gonna look after this unlike the calibra, I'll even wash it unlike the one wash the calibra got in a year :pmsl:

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: dewismotorsport's MK4 Astra Coupe 2.2

Couldn't resist buying myself a few bits, after some bastard tried scamming me (VXR888, Samgsi, Frog or whatever you wanna call yourself), i went and spoke to Turbo Chris at CS autos and dragged him out of bed early on his day off (sorry mate) and bagged myself a genuine gsi bumper, Irmscher rear spats and a new fuel cap as mine doesn't lock properly

added bonus is there all in europa blue so don't need painting, will fit them when i shake my new years eve hangover off :pmsl:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the bumper will make a big difference, was planning on getting one for mine but havent got around to it yet.

Link: http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/442709-humbuckers-mk4-astra-coupe-linea-rossa-edition.html

look forward to your progress!
Your right it does mate here it is

Bumper off

And new one fitted and washed, need to order the tinted number plates to finish it off, still waiting on head lamp eye brows and grill to turn up as well

·
Registered
7,932 Posts

Looks good mate, coupe's look very nice gsi'd up on big wheels :cool: looking forward to progress in the future, especially if a charger sneaks into the bay lmao

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Looks good mate, coupe's look very nice gsi'd up on big wheels :cool: looking forward to progress in the future, especially if a charger sneaks into the bay lmao
Yeah I heard somewhere they were meant to put that bumper on the coupe originally but put it on the gsi to sell them better, coilovers and 19's coming soon, and charger possibly when corsa is finished :nod:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

dont forget to check the oil feed valve thing that lubricates the chain; on the earlier models the feed hole wasn't big enough for the required amount of oil meaning that chains are prone to snapping prematurely. i think you can get the replacement part cheap, although vauxhall did a product recall to rectify the problem. worth checking to see if yours was affected. bumper looks ace.

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

dont forget to check the oil feed valve thing that lubricates the chain; on the earlier models the feed hole wasn't big enough for the required amount of oil meaning that chains are prone to snapping prematurely. i think you can get the replacement part cheap, although vauxhall did a product recall to rectify the problem. worth checking to see if yours was affected. bumper looks ace.
Have heard that I'll look into it, don't want it snapping as I'd be forced to throw a Z20LEH lump into it lmao

Cheers for the heads up though, and your coupe is very nice love your seats as well, only thing I find is the driving position is a touch too high even when fully lowered down on the adjuster :yuck: May have to look into modifying the bases somehow :nod:

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

got the car down to work and had a look around it on the ramp all seems fine, while it was up there i fitted the irmscher rear spats

then removed the Bertone badges from the sides as i'm not a fan of them

·
MIGWeb Technical Moderator
2,107 Posts

looking good, needs some wheels + lowered then it will be sorted :D

·
North Western Regional Coordinator
9,554 Posts

love the car :)

·
MIGWeb User
2,015 Posts

how do bud. looks nice see why you wanted bumper now. i want one!

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Cheers guys few more exterior bits to do, de badged grill, headlamp eyebrows, some smoked side repeaters and tinted number plates and tbh that's it really as they don't need anymore really look better without trying too hard

Coilovers will be next month and wheels soon, thinking 19" BBS LM's black split rims with polished lip, will suit it a treat I think! Can't spunk all my money on this too soon as I have the corsa to finish

·
MIGWeb Lord
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Small update as i'm still waiting on other bits to turn up but my grill arived today and was litrally a two minute job to fit, looks a million times better than the standard V grill :nod:

1 - 20 of 685 Posts