Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No funnys please.

I have a spare CAT so I angle grided the beast in half and thought it would be dead easy to rip the honeycomb stuff out, how wrong was I!

Its a metal honeycomb, I've tried drilling it out (compresses and turns into metal) pushing it out, hammering..hammering a pole through it etc etc

Not a fooking hope.

Any ideas how to remove the mofo?

I'm fooked.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
So you have had your fair dose of heavy metals for today then, I am not being funny either. Nothing in the cat is very good for your lungs or other body parts.

Just cut off the 2 ends and dump the middle somewhere safe. Weld another tube to join the ends together so you have a de cat pipe instead, then enjoy the extra noise!
;)

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MikeT said:
So you have had your fair dose of heavy metals for today then, I am not being funny either. Nothing in the cat is very good for your lungs or other body parts.

Just cut off the 2 ends and dump the middle somewhere safe. Weld another tube to join the ends together so you have a de cat pipe instead, then enjoy the extra noise!
;)

To late, I've breathed in most of it, pretty foul headache lmao

Half way there now, I can't put a pipe through because the end are HUGE :(

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
Don't cut it at all.

Get a pipe that will fit inside the CAT pipe, then belt it through from one side to the other.

Job done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.