Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
daylight switch problem (Daytime Running Lights)

Here is my problem:
When I start the car the low headlight is not turning on anymore. The position lights are working ok and also when I turn the light switch the head light will go on, both low and high beam.
I can hear some relay cklicking just after start but still the low beam is off...

Does anyone have a clue? Where is that daylight (Daytime Running Lights) relay located?
Thanks!
:beer:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody?

fuse is OK, if removed the sidelights are going off also...
from the electrical schematic I've seen that the DRL relay contains actualy 2 relays, is it possible that just 1 of them is out-of-business? and again where is this DRL relay located? i think is not in the main fuse box...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hello again...

yep, it is kind of difficult to see under the fuse box :D i couldn't see anything and i tried many positions lmao
I will try again and also recheck the fuses but all looked OK...
I don't remember the oil light on or off, but lets see...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andy K said:
Yes it's above the fusebox. probably best SEEN if the headlight switch panel is removed.
I've got the idea :D
fuse 18 OK oil light also turning on at start... i will remove the switch and have a look...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
morning all!
I've found the DRL relay and yes, it is behind, above the main fuse panel. It was realy difficult to reach it, my hands are full of scratches :eek:
but the bad thing is I could not remove it and i tried hard, i could not pull out the connector eather...does somebody know a trick?
also a big mistake by me was that I havn't had anything for testing the electric stuff... no results yet just that I could feel the relay clicking...

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
They are very difficult / impossible to remove.

The only chance you may have is to remove the 4 screws around the fusebox and pull the cage out the back with the DLR bolted to.

So what's not working then ?

Are the left and right side lights/tail on ?

Are the headlights on ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sidelights are on so one relay from the DRL is working.
headlight si off even if I coud hear/feel the timed click of the other relay after the start or when turning the light switch... I've got a tester now and I will check if there is volts comming out of the DRL for the hedlight...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andy K said:
They are very difficult / impossible to remove.

The only chance you may have is to remove the 4 screws around the fusebox and pull the cage out the back with the DLR bolted to.

hmm... I have removed the fusebox, there were 3 screws, that's how I reached somehow the DRL unit... but it is bolted to something which did not look removable... strong metal bar...
might be because of the left hand drive version? :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yesss. I have fixed the thing. The DRL board slided out quite easely somehow, I dont know how... I was just trying to remove it and than sudenly it came out from its plastic box. It was still a problem to remove the connector after that.
the welding of the headlight relay has melted and there was no connection anymore... but easy to fix after it was removed.

The DRL circuit looks quite weak for those amps that are running thru it...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Andy K said:
glad it's fixed.

sorry I hadn't noticed you have been replying.
No problem, :beer:s for the help. I could have looked for ages after that damn DRL :D
and sorry for my hungarian, romanian, finnish english lmao

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm from Spain. My left daylight bulb is not working and I get a dashboard error message: check left daylight bulb.

It seems that there's not power coming to this light when I turn the contact on. If I do it manually, I see the bulb on on daylight mode.

Do you think it could be the same problem?. Do you have any photo of the part you repaired?.

Thanks in advance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts