Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might sound a lil silly or stupid to ask but i'm really p****d off with my flip out tv headunit. I just got it recently and i spent most of my sunday runnin the cable from the boot to the front of the car and fittin the attenna on my back window and everything was lookin sweet. I done a test run with the headunit out and it was workin perfect and i was happy then everything went pear shaped. When i put it in the space for the headunit it looked nice but when i tried to open the flip screen the thing went crazy cause there is not enough clearance because it sit's at an angle and further back into the dash and it was hittin off the bit vinal below the heater controls. :mad:

Is there anyway which i can modify where the radio is supposed to go so i can least get my tv screen out with no problem. It's a nova mk2 dashboard i'm tryin to fit it into. I dont really wanna go to my local car shop and pay £50 for them just to fit the headunit lol cause i've done all the hard work runnin the cables and wiring it all up and all they need to do is modify a bit then plug it up :rolleyes:

please help

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
you could modify the dash area where the centre vents are and fit the headunit there, in the vents. the unit would be flat so when the screen is out it would look class.

I am doing this mod at the moment, heres a pic of where its up to, (still got a bit more smoothing to do, etc and then to paint it black) the bit on top is for a corsa multi function display.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnx for ur reply. I was looking at the guide on here how to convert the heater controls. I don't really wanna do that. I was up at the car shop today asking the guy who fits the stuff and he suggested puttin it in the holder and then see how far it sticks out and measure the distance and make up an MDF holder for it that will space it out and cover it with carpet or something and it would work just as good or he said as a last resort convert your heating ducts.

So this weekend i'll be outside makin an MDF spacer i think lol to see how that goes.

Thanx again for your reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.