Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Does anyone know if the two big holes on the cylinder block that are on the right (under the dizzy) are for oil returning to the sump?
If no, from where the oil returning to the sump?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Do you know if the pressure is low when the oil returning from these two holes?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jamie_f said:
well the oil just drips back to the sump if thats what you mean
Sorry for these stupid questions, but I am worrying for my new head gasket.
A few days ago I create a thread that said that saw a smal oil leaking from the head gasket under the dizzy. So I suspected that the head is not properly tighten, because I thought that is impossible to fell out my new head gasket. It is only passed 40 days ago that I made the rebuilt on my engine.
Also the temperature of the engine is never go up to 90 degrees.
So my mechanic told me that is impossible to have a oil leak in that place because the oil pressure is very low because from that side the oil goes to the sump. So he told me that the oil is from other leak (dizzy etc etc).
But I remember on this time when I saw for first time the oil leaking from the head gasket was, when I seen that the antifreeze level was down every day and I must add some new antifreeze. So I discover that the hose under the dizzy thas is going from the head to the heater had a small leak. The temperature of the engine didn't go never high again, but I remember that one day hat to add 1 litre of antifreeze to have the correct antifreeze on the bottle (In max position.) Then the other day I fixed the hose and from then it don't looses antifreeze. But from that day I see the same oil leaking in the head gasket.
So I want to ask if it is possible to fell out the head gasket from low position antifreeze, but without the temperature gauge shows big temperature.
Is it possible the temperature gauge to show wrong information because the temp sensor is from the other side of the head?
Thanks and sorry for the long post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.