Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front passenger side, when accelerating no noises are audiable, but when you let off and it slows down a knocking noise can be heard, relative to speed, ie gets slower as speed reduces. Nothing obviously broken from a quick look under the car - I'm assuming it's either the wheel bearing or CV joint?

I need to jack the car up and inspect it but don't have a jack at this house :doh:

Also, reverse, first and third have become v hard to engage - but I think the linkage adjustment might have slipped? It doesn't crunch, but it's really hard to get in those gears. That, and I'm sure the gearlever isn't in the same place as it was when gears were selectable!

And finally, engine vibrations are vibrating through the car at about 1500rpm.

Think it might be a gearbox mount that's buggered, causing all of this at once? Seems like they could all be connected, and they've all happened since the engine's been running decent maps, ie making proper power, and it might have stuffed a mount in the process?

Sorry for the essay...

:beer:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I would say the engine mount is knackered, thats why gear selection is difficult,(engine moving)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vauxfan said:
I would say the engine mount is knackered, thats why gear selection is difficult,(engine moving)
Would it account for the knocking on decelleration? Its an F28 on an X30XE. Are any of them difficult to change?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts