Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

creeking noise from the back of car

553 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  knight ryder 
#1 ·
got a corsa-c and theres a knocking/creeking noise from the back wheel area! its not a constant noise. comes and goes. how a look under the car and took the standard wheels of and nothing seems to be rubbing, knocking or loose! what could this be? maybe its just something/somepart i need to lube up? :confused:

#12 ·
ive got a knockingn noise from the back of my car ( vectra ) and have been told its a bush gone on the back, maybe the same is with ure corsa?? or the heat sheild from the exhaust as mine was banging before i removed it.

#14 ·
Maybe the exhaust system itself? if u have a heatshield or anything close (doesnt need to be touching when u look at it) to exhaust, it may just touch something and create either a knock or creek. Get someone to bounce the car up and down while u look and listen underneath the car, the exhaust and other parts will sit differently when the ride height changes

Just a thought, but turned out it was the exhaust causing squeeking and creeking on my dames Corsa B, newer model could be similar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.