Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone there for the Fast Car season opener, so much for the improvements to Crail, all that has happened is that the portacabin at the start has moved, and now its a bus. apart from that, same old same old. No sign of the alleged Go to Woah event either.

Today was me vs Vauxhall day.

6 races, 3 or 4 were Vaux's, I have a funny feeling one I lost was a Nova running what I assumed to be a 2litre from the way it pissed off down the strip.

Anyway, beat a mk2 Astra Saloon SRi (I dunno what engine is in these, it was a saloon and said SRi on the back, painted on not a badge)

A Nova SRi and a Nova GSi (SRi with a GSi engine transplant really, guy I know) , beat both of them.

Stinky focus beat me by a foot after comign through right at the end, a Clio 172, and another Nova, no rear seats, cage IIRC.

Anyone else there, was aa good start back with no major upsets.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Must have missed yours, i didn't arrive until 1pm.
I must admit, i hate that jet car thing.
Nice little mini racing a Nova, nothing in it.

I actually saw some Diamonds there for a change.:eek: :eek: lmao

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was there in my AXGT. It was a grey one with tinted back windows. Beat everything i raced today :). Even a nissan twin turbo, but we recon thats because he just sat and spun the tyres cos it was still damp.

Totally gubbed a mk3 astra sport at the end, lord they are slow.

Best time was 16.9. not bad at all really

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fenix said:
thats a proper strange time.

there were dragseters at sp last year getting 9 sec 1/4 but hitting 170 mph
The run off at Crail is too short for it to do a full 1/4 mile pass, so it cuts off and sticks the parachute out before the end, thus slowing down by the time it hits the line. Once you've seen it once you've seen it a million times, but it is a tad quick, lol.

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
There was a red mk3 astra 5 door there with a mig sticker, who was it??

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I thought it was a bit odd, the cars seem to just about get passed the line and their brake lights are coming on immediately.
I saw a Clio doing well with a Scooby, he/she was winning as the Scooby seemed to pull level at the end.
I didn't see any MIG cars at all.
The Saxos were doingawful as usual btw, every one i saw go up the track was beaten by the oppsition.
Altogether, Shhhhhhaaaaaaaame!:D
Personally, i like to see the ordinary cars that we can actually afford rather than the cars with paint joba costing more than my car.:rolleyes:

There was a car at the front banging away (ice).

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Is the track that bad?
I haven't been on it since December 2001.
No point til my cars got something worth the cash to test.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
The track isnt tooo bad, its the return road I cant stand. Its not exactly suitable for lowered cars. Huuuge agricultural style pot-holes, gravel, random bits of farm equipment lying about etc.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
944 Posts
last time i was at Crail was the Max power event last summer. I was there for about an hour or so and couldn't be bothered with all the wee baw bags in there 106's and saxo's. It is so unorganized. It was hard to tell the difference between the show and shine and the carpark. There was cars scaterd all over the shop.

...anyway. I just cant be bothered with the amount of neds (pikes) tryin to show off with there saxo's. Makin' sarky coments when you drive past them. same old shite.
only worth a visit if your going on the 'strip':rolleyes:

G

·
willie and his scary chum have done really well i think. they seem to be going in the right direction and it will surely get more organised in future.

i cant complain: we got a private track day for a whole three cars just under 2 years ago. they never complained and even gave us the bus to use. Click here for proof

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.