Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple years back i got done for no insurance.

now im taking my test passed thoery and got practical next month.

im getting a 1.0 nova.....

i went to court TWICE(2) both for no insurance i got 8 points first time and 8 points second time and secodn time i got 6 month ban,

my prob is.....

my counterpart ONLY says my second convictions... conv code TT99. 6 month ban. doesnt state i drove with no insurance IN10 or anything!?!?!?!?!?

doesnt state my fines or my first conviction.

if i go for insurance do i need to state first conviction? or just stae whats on my counterpart?

2 grand if i state both
1,400 if i state whats on counterpart.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Convictions dont mean squat.

If thats all that shows on your licence then just tell them that, i think they ask you if yopu had accident etc in the last5 yrs so this is your cue to inform them if you have but its off your licence, you still need to tell them but if its not on ya licence you aint really lying if they asked to see your licence you aint got nothing to hide.

you could just photocopy your licence and "play" with it removing any trace of them on each photo copy, depends on how you intend to drive, i havent been asked for a copy of my licence in the last 4 yrs !

you could have 11 points and not tlel them and get cheap insurance, drive sensibly for a few yrs and they go, so convictions nver really work, just depnds on how honest you are LOL.

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
The Rig said:
Convictions dont mean squat.

you could just photocopy your licence and "play" with it removing any trace of them on each photo copy, depends on how you intend to drive, i havent been asked for a copy of my licence in the last 4 yrs !

you could have 11 points and not tlel them and get cheap insurance, drive sensibly for a few yrs and they go, so convictions nver really work, just depnds on how honest you are LOL.
But if you are involved in an accident, you'll have invalid insurance, and get done for having no insurance!!

He's been there already, not good advice!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Mark CDX V6 said:
But if you are involved in an accident, you'll have invalid insurance, and get done for having no insurance!!

He's been there already, not good advice!!
Gotta agree.

Insurance companies have been hammerd over the last few years (9/11, floods etc) so if they can see a way out of paying what could be an expensive claim, they're going to take it.

Not saying you're likely to have an accident that's going to result in an expensive claim, but there is a chance you will. You've already been in the position of wishing you didn't drive without the insurance, do you really want to be in the worse position of having to go to court for driving without insurance again, plus the private claims that could follow because you didn't want to pay the extra money?

The fact that it changes your premium also makes me think that it's worth declaring, even though it's not been endorsed on your licence.

BTW "playing" with the licence is "Obtaining good or service by deception" and can result in a heafty fine and/or becoming the official "parts" cleaner in the shower of the nearby prison.:eek:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies.

no way am i adjusting the counterpart! not worth the hassle.

so i should tell insurance i had a conviction before the one on the counterpart. even though i dont remember the day or month it was? and i should tell them i have 16 points even though my counterpart says 00 points? its only been over a year or so since i got these convictions so there not wiped off yet.

duno why dvla didnt state all convictions. and nothing was stated for no insurance just code TT99 wierd???

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Make sure you tell them that they're not on your licence, but you've had the convictions. That way if they say the one not shown doesn't matter at least you've told them. No squirming out of payouts then for them.

·
Super Moderator
23,723 Posts
Yup - got to agree here - you've had 2 convictions for no insurance and you dont want to take any chances here - honesty is the best route.

Also make sure that you've got it all in writing that you've told them about the conviction that doesnt appear on the license - they have no way of wriggling out of the "word of mouth" information you've given them then.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
You have to declare ANYTHING in the past 5 years. Even if its no longer on your license. I have 2 Bans DD40 and TT99. The DD40 is no longer on my license but I have to declare it until next march (5 years from date of conviction).

The insurance companies have all kinds of databases with convictions and accidents on so it ain't worth lying.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts