Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a corsa m reg sri 1.4 16 valve, when you start it from cold it splutters and wont rev over 4000rpm ?? when it gets warm the spluttering goes but it still wont rev over 4000 rpm, i was told it was the cam sensor bought a new 1 from vauxhall and is still the same, then told it was the crank sensor bought 1 ov from vauxhall and its still the same can ne1 help plzz this is doin me ed in:doh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i ad that done and it was the crank sensor i also ad a diagnostic check done and that 2 said crank sensor sinsce then iv tried 3 difrent crank sensors the last 1 was a new 1 from vauxhall,could the ecu cause the problem im avin

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
i ad that done and it was the crank sensor i also ad a diagnostic check done and that 2 said crank sensor sinsce then iv tried 3 difrent crank sensors the last 1 was a new 1 from vauxhall,could the ecu cause the problem im avin

From your post it appears that the problem hasn't gone away yet so............

Have you also tried changing the Cam Phase sensor if there is one used on your engine, It may be worth trying changing this as well, I say this because on my Calibra the Cam brought up similar symptoms to what you are experiencing although mine is an X20XEV 2L engine, but the same rules may apply on yours, as you said if you turned the engine off the ECU light would go off and the engine would run normal for some time and then go into a limp mode and limit to 4K every now and again, then the problem became more accute and the ECU light remined on permanently after almost suffering from this intermittent condition for almost a year, then I had to have the Cam sensor replaced

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
so what exactly are the latest symptoms? are you still getting the ecu light on? also have you checked fuel delivery is not blocked or restyricted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have a corsa m reg sri 1.4 16 valve, when you start it from cold it splutters and wont rev over 4000rpm ?? when it gets warm the spluttering goes but it still wont rev over 4000 rpm, i was told it was the cam sensor bought a new 1 from vauxhall and is still the same, then told it was the crank sensor bought 1 ov from vauxhall and its still the same can ne1 help plzz this is doin me ed in:doh:
this is wat its doing now, checked the feul and checked the pump changed the filter all injectors are working fine new plugs and leads changed the cam and crank sensors and idle control valve, its got no problem with the feul supply, at this moment i avnt got a clue wat it is and yeah the ecu light is still on

1 - 19 of 19 Posts