Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a clean gsi 3 weeks ago...knew it was taping but after 4 days i took engine out, and found out that oil scrapper ring was in sump, and #3 had a cracked skirt.

ther engines had the lot done to it, but when i started it up yesterday, and took it up industrial estate it was fine for 10 mins, then it started missing and engine mangement light came on.

checked plugs leads, etc but nothing, sound like an air leak from the throttle bodie, maybe the flexi hose that comes round underneath the inlet?....anyone else had a similar problem, just it doesnt idle properly now, it revs between 900 and 700, and sometime will dip lower then climb back up, and you can hear it sucking air in quite abit.

cheers phil

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had that problem on my 1.4 sport then my gsi and it was the induction pipe of the back of the throttle body on the sport and on the gsi it was a hole in the inlet manifold gasket!!! Or it could be a little black pipe of the top right of the manifold I think its a breather for the clutch it goes to your bulk head anyway, mine was of there and it was sucking and it wouldnt idle. U can easy c it above your throttle body.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only pip like what you mention is about 10mm I.D that comes from the induction pipe to the carb. which i have clamped onto the cylinder head, im thinking its the pipe that runs round the back of the engine, as may of caught it putting lump back in. but it sounds more like its sucking from where it clamps from the throttle bodie.

gona see how much do have a 20ex or a 20let put in tonight. so may have a fully re-cond 16xe motor for sale:)

will have gander tonight when i finish work. cheers matey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts