Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, having trouble with a corsa easytonic i bought dont laugh. 1.0 sxi, y reg 22k miles on it, story goes below. Bought car, one lady owner she says might not be true i know but no reason to doubt. 'car had intermittent starting issues which gradually became more frequent and eventually wouldn't start at all' we bought from her, got it home checked the basics i've heard can stop these starting (not even turning over) which was crank shaft position sensor swapped from another corsa, brake lights even checked bulbs were in holders right, all fuses checked relays swapped for another corsa i have. Then jacked car up just to check if getting power to starter motor, upon having multimeter on starter motor to check for voltage and turning key it turned over and tried to start (never checked voltages). I jumped out from underneath tried again, fired up and off i went for a drive. Drove for 10 mins just steady away going through gears in auto and manual fine, starting and stopping fine. Then one time stopped changed from manual to auto or other way around and car died. Did restart straight away in neutral (start). Drove again for a minuet. Stopped and again changed from auto to manual or other way and it died. Never lived since.... parked up. Suspected clutch actuator/ecu send off to ecu testing who tested and reported no fault so unit was returned refitted and re bled using key on off with brake pressed. Bled up well. Only suspected this as common fault still got a lot to learn. Battery off to reset codes. Since then i have read fault codes with pedal test and got P1615, P1616, P1700, P0120, P0120, P0220. Did some more research, codes are to do tps Battery off to reset codes. So as some people say faulty connection behind dials i tried banging top of clocks etc nothing worked. So removed dials, packed out connector with rubber about 1/8 thick. Re read codes then only got P0120, P0120, P0220 so thought had cleared with that. Battery off to reset codes. Then swapped throttle body over from another corsa, put the one off easytnoic onto normal corsa and one off other corsa onto easytronic. Ran normal corsa with easytronic throttle body ran fine. Tried starting easytronic nothing, re read codes. just getting P1615 & P1616 dont know if its coincidence or something has happened to clear codes i did disconnect plugs and check for chaffing on wires into throttle body before swap so doubt loose connection. went to eliminate starter motor again, at first i got 5v on main batt to starter lead (maybe not good connection on multimeter) then got 12v each time. no voltage on starter motor signal wire so starter motor cannot be at fault can it? Easy question, what's wrong with it http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/facepalm.gif any help is appreciated i will try anything anyone says except paying someone to take it from me http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif how to test items would be good body controll module and ecu etc? thanks again

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd want it on some form of diagnostics, tech 2 or a good code reader for starters and start looking at some live data.
fair enough, know a guy with an expensive snap on reader. What sort of figures should i be looking for? im not one for the electrical side of things. I've seen a picoscope i think it was called. like an oscilloscope for between the body control module and ecm data transfer? not 100percent sure going to try find more out tomorrow. Wanted to do as much as i can at home bought the car to sell on got it cheap. some more info when the ignition is on its not untill the brake/clutch pedal is pressed that the f displays on the dash untill then its just n as it should. When does the car self check everything is okay to start is it when ignition is turned on or when the brake is pressed to start? also checked brake fluid levels before to eliminate that. And how can i paragraph as doing it normally doesnt work? cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Todays update, took the lid off the bcm to find afair bit of water in there. Some of the wires where they looped down were covered. Probabily 1/4 1/2" of water in there so not gone up into connectors/relays etc as far as i know.

if found people suspecting water with fault codes p1616 and p1615. but not heard what the water actualy does or which wires etc to check? does it corrode the wires? is it shorting something not got any blown fuses. Or is it likely to have damaged a wiire then the BCM. as isy not much water by the looks of it only enough to effect the wires id sy but nothing visible. Nothing to say it doesnt fill up more when driving in the rain. could i just dry it all out leave it in the garage a few days with my fingers crossed. is there a common fault it causes? any helps appreciated. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts