Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, looking for some guidance. 56 plate Corsa D. Abs light came on and I got it diagnosed as OSF sensor. Replaced the sensor but fault still remains. Had to drill old sensor out as well and truly stuck and wonder if I've damaged bearing. Friend of mine thinks it could be reluctor ring? Not sure if this is on the bearing or separate? Do the bearings bolt on or compressed?
Not looking for suggestions of removing bulb or leaving disconnected. I am going to be selling the car and want it to be right for the new owner so doing this properly :) Appreciate advice with thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
did you check the pickup ring on the end of the driveshaft, while you were doing the work ?

the ring can sometimes crack and become loose, or get corroded, or be missing teeth, or the grooves between the teeth can fill with rust flakes and cack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll speak to my mechanic friend. So this ring is different to the reluctor ring? Woul a new hub sort or is this separate?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'll speak to my mechanic friend. So this ring is different to the reluctor ring? Woul a new hub sort or is this separate?

your car may look slightly different, but the principle is the same, pickup ring, with castellated points, or rectangular holes, and a sensor, to read its motion.

check the ring for any damage. cracks, corrosion, missing teeth, etc.

the ring isnt part of the hub on the front, its attached to the c.v joint end, of the driveshaft

if everything looks good mechanically, and the sensor is new, as you said, then maybe the abs ecu, might need resetting.

some cars need a higher end scanner, to do this, but some cars, you can sometimes get away with disconnecting the battery for a couple hours, to drain the ecu's power, and reset it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts