Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please help me out , i am carrying out the above conversion , i purchased a gsi (m reg) corsa ,the previous owner wrecked his engine and decided to move onto another car , the car was minus and engine and gearbox( had one anyway) but was in car when i went to look at it so it defo had a c20xe , also no drive shafts which i now have and have the correct inner cvs , the engine mounts came with the car (thats why i bought it ),the passenger side of the engine rests on the anti roll bar , i have figured out he sold the anti roll bar spacers off the car(before i picked it up theyon it when a looked first time ) and i now need a set ,the drivers side mount seems to be about and inch short , my engine is from a k reg calibra 16v, , the enigine mount for the drivers side has been made using the mount for a c20 xe and fabricated onto another to fit ,i suspect the engine mount he gave me with the car is shorter as his engine may have been from an astra or such and not a calibra . are the original astra driver side mounts shorter than the original calibra mounts (i cant find mine off old calibra ), also the mount to the rear on the gsi does not match upto the c20xe engine has he changed this mount (being the prat he turned out to be )or is this due to what car the previous owners donor car being different from mine , your help is needed am at a stand still on conversion
also needing helped out with power steering . i have removed the power steer pump as the previous said he ran his with out it (lying *&^@) but i noticed the pipes are still there for it on bulk head and have been cut , do i need to change steering rack to suit
the only reason i bought this shell was the fact it had c20xe previously installed and thought it would have been easy now its turning to a nightmare , please help

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Right first things first, sounds like the dude you got it from has sold the conversion kit before you picked it up?? The drivers side mount you need for the engine and chassis leg are fabricated, cant use any standard GM stuff, the rear gearbox mount either needs to be modified (which theres loads of threads about that on here or a spacer needs to be got for it!!, speak to rallyman on here, he sorted me out with all the above or www.chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk I think, same guy... good luck :D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Hi mate, sorry to hear about all your problems! I can supply you with the mount kit you need and anything else for that matter! Give me a call at the workshop on 01254 208218 and we can get you sorted out.

As for the steering i would advise fitting a manual rack, cant run a powersteering rack dry.

Cheers

Chris.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rallyman said:
Hi mate, sorry to hear about all your problems! I can supply you with the mount kit you need and anything else for that matter! Give me a call at the workshop on 01254 208218 and we can get you sorted out.

As for the steering i would advise fitting a manual rack, cant run a powersteering rack dry.

Cheers

Chris.
look forward to speaking to you , al be in touch on monday , cheers for the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts