And as i suspected the crank sensor no longer fits, even after grinding some of it away, but we think we've found a non vauxhall alternative which will work.
A small price to pay for identical length drive shafts.
Can't recall what engine management you're using, but all those I'm familiar with have an option where an offset can be applied to the crank sensor - that might be an option if you need to move the pickup for clearance?
Recent progress has included getting some of the mundane stuff done, engine oil and filter changed, refit the exhaust down pipe and put some quick release catches on the bumper so it takes 3 minutes to remove instead of thirty.
Also, finalised, welded up and painted the cross shaft carrier.
Final fit of the cross shaft, and drivers side shaft
made an adapter for the new crank sensor and mounted it, now have millimeters of clearance!
Mounted the gearbox oil cooler
and made up the hoses for it
Quick re program of the dash so i know what gear i'm in.
Washed and ready to go for MoT, which he passed .
Knocked up a couple of very rough brackets to hold the damper reservoirs and mounted them.
Cut another hole in the console
and attached a bracket to the rear
to mount the trigger box for the fire extinguisher
Unfortunately the weight is now up to 940kg also the flat shift settings need some looking at as they are acting like antilag and increasing boost by 20 percent.
A small update.. I was out working on the mapping/flatshifting when, during an upshift, there was an almighty bang and vibration through the car.. Trundled home to find the gearbox mount was been ripped to pieces.
So made a new one from thicker material and with extra webbing, you can see the bends and cracks all over the first one.
Also been working on patterns for a roof vent
and undersealed the rear arch as it was starting to get a lot of surface rust
The last few weekends and evenings saw me stripping the rear anti roll bar off for modifying...
First I added a lever and bracket to carry a push-pull cable.
Which allows me to rotate the near side blade from 'soft'
via a push rod in the car
to the third lever I installed with the shifter and hydraulic handbrake assembly.
The lever back is the softest setting so, the most rear grip, the lever forward is the stiffest setting so should push the balance forward, in theory. There's no photo of the bar on the car as you cant see it mounted above the rear beam and trailing arms.
Yesterday I made some new spacers up for the front suspension, old on left, new on right with an 8mm offset
Which moved the pivot point of the rear of the bottom arm down from here
This should remove some of the anti lift geometry built in to the suspension which should help traction at the expense of some pitching under braking and acceleration. Theoretically it wants to go down further but that would require a major re-engineer of the subframe.
Also marked up the roof..
and fitted the vent.
it still needs sealing and i'll cut down the studs when i do.
hi guys its been a while.
iv had an unfinished project calibra turbo 4x4 sitting in my mums garage for the past 15 or so years and im thinking about having another go at it.
when the car was running it was completely stock i ran it for about a year before i killed the clutch then shortly after...
I'm just in the progress of building a Corsa C Tarmac Rally Car with a mate - At the moment he runs an Astra GSI with a Bowyer Developments 260 ish engine and Quaife Dog box/ Proflex etc
The engine has since being rebuilt to a higher kitcar spec - with barrel throttle bodies !!!!
However - A...
Having part ex'd the last Turbo Convertible 3 years ago but really missed it, I thought as I now had room in the garage, I needed another one to play with and here it is on the day I picked it up.
It did have a leaky radiator, so there was always a nag in my mind - why has that cracked or...
after my two Corsa B projects it is time to do something new. So here is my Astra G(MK4) Cabrio Z20LET. Current specifications of the car:
- 2.0 16v Turbo - Z20LET
- Forge blow off ventil
- Air intake Astr Z22SE with K&N panel filter
- Astra H OPC injectors
- Custom made...
This is my first V6 conversion and write-up on my astra mk4.I never usually bother following my projects online as i don’t usually find the time to make a write-up pretty much but the reason i am writing is to help others with the same conversion as there is absolutely nothing on the web to...