Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
641 - 646 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hmmm maybe I should try a smaller belt still then

it has a 1255mm belt atm which goes on tight, I don't know if I would be able to get a 1250 onto it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there, ive been on here a while now and thought it was time to start my project log, im new to all this as its my first project :)

This is the car the xev is going in, a 1.4 8v merit which has only got 34k on the clock, mainly because it was accident damaged on the front drivers side, had an arguement with a black london cab lmao, it needed the bulk head pulling out, new chassis leg welding on, bonnet, wing, slam panel, headlights, bumper rail, bumper etc etc and was originaly an automatic but was rebuilt and converted to a manual by my dad about 4 years ago......but sadly have no pictures of the damage as they were on my old computer and havent managed to recover them

the plan originally was to follow the crowd and put a c20xe in it, but then i got offered a R reg vectra cdx for FREE off my dad :eek: it had been sat outside the house for a while and wasnt getting used and was going to get scrapped as no one wanted it so he said i could have it for the engine and box etc etc, so i did lmao

i ripped the engine out and started sourcing the bits i needed to do the conversion, i got a f16 gearbox and part of the coversion mount off a close mate on here (matt_b_gsi) he was even nice enough to paint the gearbox for me and i got a astra xev wiring loom, and the other part to the mount off some other mig members :)

this is some of the progress i have made so far:

cleaned down the xev as it had 100k's worth of **** on it lmao and give it a nice lick of paint

started ripping the old 1.4 8v out today, got the engine loom disconnected from the engine, drained the coolant and removed pipes and header tank, and dropped exhaust, not much but its a start

so thats my project :)

comments welcome
Hi!
Seen you thread and wanted a little help with the conversion, i'm using a C20LET and i want to find a engine mount that fits perfecly. I found a photo with a good one and the other one it's with my engine.
Can you help me? Thanks.
This is the one i search:

And this is what i have now:

641 - 646 of 646 Posts