Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
621 - 640 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
been a while since ive updated this :rolleyes: so time for a catch up on whats been going on past few weeks

finally got round to getting rid of the calibra so before it went i ripped out the interior for the corsa

spent quite a few hours with care cream and shoe polish getting them clean as they were disgusting :yuck::yuck:

before

after

the cat approves lmao

after cleaning them changed over the subframes for tigra ones

for the back bench i used a non split rear bench and pulled the cali leather and foam off and trimmed them to fit on the corsa rear bench, there a tight fit on the bench but im pleased with the results

all fitted

also fitted my stainless rocker cover bolts and had a small clean lmao

loads better

ive wired in the heated seats with the cali heated seats loom and switches but i cant seem to get them to work, they have 12v, good earth, have even tryed them straight to a battery, drivers seat did nothing but passenger side did for a bit?? anyone got any ideas?

ow and ive had the windscreen re-fitted for free, spoke to the man who did it and explained that it leaked like a sieve and he said he was sorry and that he would do it again for us free of charge :D

then woke up on saturday to find this :cool:

so while it was wet i checked the screen for leaks and is great now :)

couldnt resist another engine pics :p

more soon

cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
Under the bonnet looks fresh. Going to give mine a clean when the weathers better, really jealous!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #624 ·
Is that a standard corsa airbox you have? I can't fit the airbox back into mine as it's too big.
it is indeed a standard airbox, all i did was de-restrict it and modify the eco tec pipe, a bit strange how yours doesnt fit as all corsa b airbox's are the same

·
Registered
55 Posts
bluecorsab got to say mate very impressed man looks the nuts. Keep up with the good work m8 :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
brilliant! fantastic read! thats some work you have put into it! Would love to get around the engine and running gear for a transplant like this, unfortunely time/no garage/scottish weather are against me!

must be the tidiest engine bays i have seen on a corsa b! spotless!

as for the calibra you scrapped, its a long shot but did you keep any parts off it? im after a tigra scuttle and i think it was slabs i seen on the calibra in your photos, trying to track both down but having no luck!

keep the work up, inspiration to us all, well 1.0l corsa owners like me anyway! :D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
many thanks for the nice comments fellas it make it all worth while , the only problem you find with doing this sort of thing is you always seem to find things you want to improve.the next idea is to hide all the wiring ,battery ,header tank etc as benn has done on his nova ,we are at presant building a manifold for it to go on r1 throttle bodies but at the minute in the middle of moving house so things not getting done very quick ,hopefully it will be done before pvs .elliot drop me a pm mate as tigra scuttles are fairly easy to obtain around here as are rims . the latest bit of news is it went for mot last week and passed without any major hassles so good for this year

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sounds awesome like the idea of the throttle bodies mate you'll have to keep us informed on that one :D
Got a quick question for you, do you know if the wiring on the later corsa b's ie. our 2000 golden goose is different to the earlier models like yours. We had a look at the looms this weekend just gone and can't see where they should match up, maybe it's just us being stupid haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
just read through the whole thing...(again) and i love it mate u did top job there! you still able to do a digidash there by anychance if everything supplied?

·
Registered
202 Posts
it fitted in. Just. It was touching the belt cover and wasn't in the bit that holds the airbox so I took it out again.

May well just be that my engine is sitting further over to the drivers side.
Same with the goose, tried to fit the standard corsa airbox but it was too much of a squeeze.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi mate,

Just wondering if I could chew your ear on a couple of things.

I have done an XEV swap into my Daewoo Lanos (a very similar swap to what you did).
The problem I'm having is belt squeal, it's driving me nuts.

I was just wondering, on your car is the belt layed out like this:

Also, what length belt did you use (and how many ribs)?

If yours is layed out like that, have you had any problems with belt squeal?
I really don't want to have to stuff around converting to electro-hydraulic power steering.

(and if anyone else has any experience in this sort of stuff, please feel free to jump in :D)

Cheers
-Ben

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
tighte the belt up till it stops squealing or breaks lmao

mine is the same layout too btw and has never squealed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply Gaz.

Does your setup have adjustable tension on the alternator? And what length belt are you using?

Another thing I didn't mention is I can make the belt slip by hand (and it's as tight as I can make it on the tensioner :doh:)

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
not sure on the size it was a while ago, what I do remember is struggling to get it over the pulleys with the tensioner backed right off.

621 - 640 of 646 Posts