Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
corsa b 1.2 16v 99 had a probblem for a while cant get to the bottom of it its mising slightly on idle and wont rev up due to lack of fuel if i crimp off the return line it will work run fine any ideas changed pressure regulator and relay for fuel pump

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just been back out for another go where my vacum pipe comes off my throttle body onto pressure regulator i cant feel any pressure i just tryed it on another car i have and it nearly sucked my finger in why have i got no pressure

·
Registered
796 Posts
THe vacum that goes into the pressure regulator releases fuel pressure so if you have no vacum on yours then the pressure will be higher at idle than it normally would be. only way you wouldnt have suction on that pipe was if it was split or kinked or blocked. how easy will it be to take it off and have a look?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the pipe comes off easy checked for faults it looks ok i put my finger straight on to the back of the throttle body where the rubber hose connects to still no pressure this pipe aint blocked on throttle body could it be an air leak on plastic box (sfi box) that sits on top of throttle body causing low pressure

·
Registered
796 Posts
With the engine running you will have a vacum in the inlet manifold after the throttle body. a hole in the plastic box before the throttle will not make a difference. you sure youve got it connected to the right place?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah its connected in right place back of the throttle body before the butterfly its the only place it will go to somebody told me that the vacum pipe should go after the butterfly as this is where the vacum is but i cant find no where for it to go i have a spare inlet manifold with throttle body i have looked all over it for other places for it when its cold it will only run for a couple of seconds and cut out when it warms up the car will tic over but poorly due to lack of fuel i replaced fuel filtter where is the pump in the tank will i have to drop it to check pump or can i go through back seats

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you want to take the pump out there is a plastic cover under the back seats and you can do it through there if you feel the need

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I'd agree with Disco_Mikey about the pump. Check the pump connections and earth. If they're fine, try getting one from a scrapper and just swapping them over. If there's no difference, then (of course) the problem is elsewhere. But it's worth trying as it's the heart of the fuel system and you need to eliminate it first.

Cheers,Z

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tried filter i thought it might have been blocked but made it no better will try getting a pump are these all the same throught the corsa range or will i need to look out for a 1.2 16v

1 - 12 of 12 Posts