Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Sparco seats for my Corsa B and Sparco seat frames. The frames fit directly to the original Corsa B seat frames so you still have use of the Corsa B runners.

Problem is when I fitted them the seats are really high and too upright with no way to adjust them to a drivable position. I am not happy with the Sparco frames, they could have been designed better!

Has anybody ever used the Sparco seat frames in a Corsa B and how did you get on?

I am now thinking of trying the OMP frames to get the seats to fit right and was wondering has anybody used the OMP sub frames and if so how did they fit?

Thank you for any advice! :thumb:

·
Registered
815 Posts
if you use stock runners, all seats will be the same, high position.
i don't have corsa pics, but i think for example it's okay. i've made this install few month ago, bmw 135.

i've made this custom plates from aluminum

and then use omp sliders, like that

and after that, i've put seats with side mounts

they are from rally design, aluminum. i've cut them to dimensions i need, and then spray them in semigloss black

setup like this, is good for trackdays etc, but if you want some serious racing, you need to weld pair of transverse steel tubes, and then put your seats with side mounts on them (don't mount to floor).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Slonik, thanks for your reply and pictures. The seats in the picture look well mounted and how I want mine! You have done a very good job of fitting them!

The Sparco seat frames I got looked like this

Below is the standard Corsa B seat frame with no sub frame
and below that a similar frame to Sparco mounted to a Corsa B seat frame. But the frame in the bottom picture has no lugs sticking out like on the Sparco frame. ( I am not sure the make of this frame but it would have been better for my Sparco seats than the Sparco frame)The lugs on my Sparco frame cause the seat to sit too high and too up right, the lugs mount to the back of the Corsa frame and are used to mount the Sparco frame to the Corsa frame. I have been trying to find a image of a OMP frame to see if this might not have the lugs!

I im thinking about trying side mounts and a custom floor mount, if the OMP frame is similar to the Sparco sub frame. I am just not to sure how to go about it as the Corsa floor pan is alot more uneven to the floor pan in the picture on the BMW.
A custom seat mount does look the way to go to get the seat lower though.
Does any body on here make custom seat mounts for a Corsa B to fit Sparco seats or side mounts too?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Why the steel tubes?
it's all about safety. i don't remember, is it from fia regulations, or only typical mounting way, but when i've worked in rally team and preparing shells for rally, we always made seat mounts like that:

Weld in Seat Mount Rail Kit Mounting Sub Frame CDS Rail Tubes - Race Rally Car | eBay
i think this type of mounting is better, if you will have crash with something under body. it will not good if your seat will mount directly to the floor in this situation.

Vauxhall Corsa B Multipoint Roll Cage - Custom Cages Ltd, UK
corsa ) - you can see on pics that they use same type of seat mounts.

only one problem - you need a lot of patience to remove all stock strengthening from the floor )

you need this usefull gadget

and how i did this on bmw

·
Registered
815 Posts
A custom seat mount does look the way to go to get the seat lower though.
Does any body on here make custom seat mounts for a Corsa B to fit Sparco seats or side mounts too?
if you cut all your metal sheets on the floor, you'll have flat (enough) surface, and after that you need to weld few parts :)

on original seats, bmw owner had problems during track days when driving in helmet (he is about 185-190 cm). i've tried to seat in lowest position (on bucket seats) and my eyes were on same height as top mount on steering wheel (i'm 188cm). and there are a lot of free space over the head.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Slonik, thanks again for your detailed replies!

I have been in contact with many seat suppliers today and have found out that OMP do a seat frame for my car that mounts directly to the floor rather than to the Corsa B seat frame! So I could use this with side mounts to get my seat lower.

Below is a picture of what I have been told are the correct frames,

I will get more details on these frames but if they are not going to work I will be looking into the Slonik method to get the seats mounted correctly and safely. Wish I had gone for the OMP seat frames now insted of the Sparco seat frames.

There will be some Corsa B Sparco seat frames for sale soon I think so if anybody needs any PM me, only used once :)

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Very handy tool, but may be worth going round with a snap (spring loaded) centre punch beforehand, to avoid thise slips when drilling?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Very handy tool, but may be worth going round with a snap (spring loaded) centre punch beforehand, to avoid thise slips when drilling?
it was done before video ). but sometimes enough

1 - 9 of 9 Posts