Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have recently sort of finished my corsa b C20LET with F28 conversion.
The bit of linkage I’m asking about is the pinch bolt part gets jammed on the top rear gearbox mount bolt (I’m using the three bolt spacer kit) and have had the other part of linkage shortened to 10cm and using m-tec short shift u-shaped bit for corsa b F28.
It would only let me select 2nd,4th and 6th.
The first step I tried was removing washer on top bolt, which didn’t make that much difference.
The spacers on the mount are one on engine side and two on gearbox side, so I removed one of two from gearbox side to try create some gap between bolt head and linkage part.
Now I could get all gears apart from 3rd and 5th, so I shaved a bit off the linkage part with pinch bolt, which gave me all gears.
But on test drive all gears are fine but 3rd crunches but if you change into it slow it’s fine.
I was just wondering if it’s because:
I have removed that spacer, as u-shaped bit is probably designed to have two spacer bits not one?
It’s the gearbox not the linkage?
Or what other people have done to linkage bit to make it not clash, as I can’t really find this problem mentioned?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up having to shave abit of the head of the top bolt
Hi, thanks for reply.
Was that with the three spacer plate kit? (I think it is the one imperial performance sell) that I have.
I’ve also ordered a rear solid mount to replace old worn rubber one, as sometimes it seems 3rd crunches when engine is under load (like normal driving up hill or something, not booting it), seems like engine does rock a little bit and the other two rubber mounts are brand new.
I just wanted to rule it out as after a few hours of looking on forums I couldn’t really find anything specific on the bolt clashing issue, just the normal linkage questions.
I’m sorting a couple of other issues aswell so may be a day or two before I have a update just incase it helps someone else with similar issue.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea keep the spacer kit in thats why you have to extend the linkage 10mm to compensate for it.i ended up having to make a extension onto the mount as my bolts keep coming lose
IMAG0129.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what use to happen since ive put more pick up points never had an issue
Thanks for sharing pictures of it, it really helps as a lot of pictures don’t show up anymore.
Yeah I see what you mean, I’ll put that spacer back in aswell.
I may be able to get hold of one similar to your mount but it’s from a nova f28 (just the mount) but would a nova rear mount fit a corsa b as they look the same? I’m only asking as those extra plates are already wielded on, so would just be able to fit straight away?
Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would of thought it would be the same but not 100% sure.hopefully the holes align to
Yeah that’s what I thought they look identical, it’s worth a try but knowing my luck it will be slightly different angle or something :LOL: I’ll try get some pictures of the issue when I next get some time on it aswell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K bud sounds the same issue i had when i built mine
I have got the mount off and it looks like it’s mainly because it’s bent a fair amount, on pinch bolt side (presumably for shorter shifting) so the ball joint is closer to the top bolt.
I may try and find the standard one and compare the angle, if I cant solve the issue it may be an option to get it extended and use standard one.
Which is annoying as that’s why I brought that one to eliminate more work :LOL: .
Also I missed out on mount from Nova unfortunately so I’ll do similar to your mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im using short shifter i just shaved abit off the bolt and it clears.yot might have some movement for adjustment too
Yeah I’ll do some shaving with grinder when I get to borrow one as I like the short throw so want to keep it and paid a decent amount for it, the van feels like a mile between each gear now.
And I got third spacer from shed that is in picture (y).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got an update.
Fitted the Compbrake solid rear mount had to fit longer bolts though (m10x1.25mm thread) I used 30mm long, just if anyone wanted to know.

With the linkage though, it looks like maybe (only quick idea atm) if I cut pinch bolt section off, rotate and wield back on, it won’t jam on the mount as you can see in pictures.

Then I can still get to pinch bolt to tighten/loosen bolt for adjustments.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts