Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my corsa b 5 door 6 months ago now and i have left it in the unit unattended.

Decided to make a move on it and get it ready for a mot 'lucky me not .Quite a bit of welding on her but i'm not giving up

Jobs done:

Engine rebuild
Replaced gear box from f16 to f20
Welded rear door up and planned out converted to a van

Rear box section repaired both sides
Front x member strengthened
Out rigger front drivers side fabricated
Rear Suspension mounts /box section
front inner wings repaired
bonnet and boot replaced

Jobs to do :

New outer sills
Repair inner sill skin
New rear panel (fabricated by me )
Rear inner wings to repair
Body work to do
GSI skirtsand bumper to fit
Arches to widen
Exhaust to build
Tax and mot

WELL I WILL POST A FEW PICTURES I HAVE TOOK OVER THE 6 MONTHS NOT PERFECT BUT BETTER THAN NOTHING

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE POST AND BUILD

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cool, good to see something a bit different.. Hope you stick at it and it will be great to see it on the road!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks lads i will be keeping on with this project , will do my best to keep the post up to date

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
few more pictures to add tonight as iv done one off the sills on the drivers side on the corsa ,also few repairs to all 3 skins under the sills

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Fast progress , could have picked a less rusty shell though ...... :blah:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fast progress , could have picked a less rusty shell though ...... :blah:
diddent think it was that bad till i ripped the sill off today. haha

iv had the car 6 months and i had it on the ramp it did not look bad at all and went straight through last mot.
put her on the ramps the other day and my thoughts was oh S*IT!!!! TIME TO GET WELDING

so lo and behold as she sits now, sill is on just diddent get a picture off the drivers side finished will get pick tomorrow and start on the passenger side

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
One of those once you start you carry on type situations then . Been there with cars before .
Watching this in interest .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very much for the interest at first i was abit iffy if i should be doing this to i five door corsa but cant make it look any worse than a five door can it ????????? haha

hope people like what am doing as i like it as off now and it drives pretty good since i converted it to a van feel solid ......

·
Premium Member
9,554 Posts
its different i like it

·
Registered
454 Posts
Awesome effort dude! You keeping the rear seats in it at all ;) just fit a set of 3 door folding from seats? I bet the interior pic is funny as fook to work out with rear door cards in there! Ha ha

1 - 20 of 40 Posts