Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning guys I have recently bought an Arden blue B with a conversion 16xe. I have spark but nothing else..I tried swapping the ECU for one out of my 14xe sport. Still no fuel pump or power to the injectors. And idea what could this be? Crank sensor? Cam sensor. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is the first day I have had chance to look proper. Bit ofEasy start and it fires up

·
Registered
234 Posts
i would doubt putting a 1.4 ecu would help in any matter as your immobilisers will stop the fuel pump working if wrong ecu/key combo. have you tried maybe testing the wires from the ecu side of things to see if it gets through to the engine side ( the fuel pump wire and coilpack)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Morning guys I have recently bought an Arden blue B with a conversion 16xe. I have spark but nothing else..I tried swapping the ECU for one out of my 14xe sport. Still no fuel pump or power to the injectors. And idea what could this be? Crank sensor? Cam sensor. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is the first day I have had chance to look proper. Bit ofEasy start and it fires up
is it a C16 or X16 engine ?
did you wire it in yourself, or the car come like it is ?

if you didnt wire it in yourself, id double check everything, make sure everythings hooked up correctly, and your getting power and earth, to where everything needs.

sounds like you might not be getting power to the fuel pump relay, and youll wanna check all the earth's on engine / head / gearbox / body

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Morning guys I did not fit the engine it got fitted then sat for a long time last tax disk was 2013 I think. I only bought it last week I spent the afternoon going over all the earth's cutting out wires from what seemed to be a newer loom it was a 1.0 xe, swapped the fuel pump relay over cleaned all the loose connections up. And I heard the fuel pump prime. At first she would no go. A quick squirt of start ya "b*****d" she sprung into life. I have not been as happy as that since I got my phase one sport. The ishhue I have now it's it smells really rich. And on first start she won't fire up on her own. Without aid. Once warm it's fine..I will keep you all posted. The mantzel inlet looks a bit bodged on with red sealant. But thanks for the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts