Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
You don't need the above Astra mounts because your Coupe comes with them. You can use the normal turned down front big block hub flange, you also need a ABS ring on the N/S front shaft for the speedo. To convert a C to 308mm Astra brakes use the carriers from a Meriva VXR. The expensive bit is getting it to the spec you want, I've spent loads and I haven't even got a Corsa to bolt it to. I'm sure if you post your looms to Warren, or Ben G they will do it for you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Cheers Jim, i spotted that corsa 1.7 cdti's have 4 stud so i pressumed you could just use the cdti driveshafts? Are cdti hubs different from corsa 1.2 etc? If not then all i should need is cdti shafts as theyre from 4stud corsa with F23?

Id rather do wiring myself but as always some info is required, getting it from someone thats already done it being the easiest way!

Cheers, make sense to use astra brakes and as much alse as poss since id be breaking full car!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just noticed that you said i could use astra shafts with cdti hub flanges? Is that a certainty? What about abs rings, do astra shafts have them with right amount of teeth and in right place?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Cheers Jim, i spotted that corsa 1.7 cdti's have 4 stud so i pressumed you could just use the cdti driveshafts? Are cdti hubs different from corsa 1.2 etc? If not then all i should need is cdti shafts as theyre from 4stud corsa with F23?

Id rather do wiring myself but as always some info is required, getting it from someone thats already done it being the easiest way!

Cheers, make sense to use astra brakes and as much alse as poss since id be breaking full car!
All 1.7cdti corsas are 5stud, dont use the 1.7td they are 4stud to which i dont think will work.

Most common way is the lmf hubs pressed into corsa knuckles with gsi shafts and I think its a 29tooth abs ring needed

On mine ive got astra g shocks/hubs/knuckles, astra ball joint on lower arm and modified tie rods to accept astra track rod ends, and cav/calibra turbo shafts, i also made a plug n play abs loom out of an astra abs lead and corsa abs sensor so abs and speedo works that way.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hmm a combo 1.7 cdti on ebay had 4 stud?

Are there some 1.7s that would be the wrong one then.

Youve went to a lot of hassle to use all that astra stuff, why did you decide to use all astra stuff?

When you say knuckle, your reffering to the hub drive flange? The part splined to fit the shaft?

Do astra drive flanges fit the corsa bearing? That would obv mean it would be 5 stud and rear needing changing too..

Cheers.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Acter you saying about cdti/dti with 5/4 stud i went and checked combo again. Its advertised as 1.7 cdti and has 4 stud, but i put its reg in carcheck and its a DTI!

Theres also what claims to be a corsa c sxi 1.7 cdti for breaking, with 4 stud. Thats clearly mistaken again, it must be a 1.3 cdti. Dammit!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hmm a combo 1.7 cdti on ebay had 4 stud?

Are there some 1.7s that would be the wrong one then.

Youve went to a lot of hassle to use all that astra stuff, why did you decide to use all astra stuff?

When you say knuckle, your reffering to the hub drive flange? The part splined to fit the shaft?

Do astra drive flanges fit the corsa bearing? That would obv mean it would be 5 stud and rear needing changing too..

Cheers.

Knuckle as in what the hub bolts too and the struts

Ya can use a rear beam from a 1.7cdti too for 5stud drums

Or mtech do a conversion kit so ya can use astra hubs and use gsi brakes on the rears

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
It's only the 1.7 CDTI SRI which are 5 stud. The Combo front hubs are worth a try, I'm trying to get my knuckle bored out to take the VW bearings, but no one has a jig for a C yet.

Also you need the fuel lines from the Astra.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So which is it? Lol

CDTI 1.7s are all 5 stud? Or only Corsa SRI 1.7 CDTI are 5 stud? So a Corsa C SXI CDTI with 4 stud cannot be a 1.7? Will be a 1.3cdti even though they think its a 1.7?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Theres 3 types of 1.7 in corsa c

1.7td
1.7dti
1.7cdti sri

Both td n dti can be in different trims but the cdti is only sri

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
And only CDTI mounts are any use? Other 1.7s dont use F23?

What about Combos? I presume a 1.7cdti combo will have same mounts as needed, and worth checking what stud hubs they run?

So are all 1.7 CDTIs 5 stud?

·
Registered
130 Posts
And only CDTI mounts are any use? Other 1.7s dont use F23?

What about Combos? I presume a 1.7cdti combo will have same mounts as needed, and worth checking what stud hubs they run?

So are all 1.7 CDTIs 5 stud?
Yeah only use the cdti mounts, the rear fork of the others dont fit, are way too long

Im not clued up on combos, but id expect them to be the same as the corsa, only thing i no of combos is its got an astra mk4 rear beam setup like the meriva for the increased wheelbase

All 1.7cdti sris are 5stud.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
All this hub talk gets confusing. Be nice if someone came along with the facts... All of mine looks like all vaux stuff. Nothing modified that i can see of, except the abs senor. Thats slightly modded to bolt on. But i dont even know what stuffs on my motor coz no1 will answer.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yeh that would be handy, but appears nobody actually knows what can be used. I presume you have astra shafts since your ABS ring is in the wrong place and needs sensor moved.. So are you 4 or 5 stud?

I presume you can use the 1.7CDTI shafts and hubs and that will all bolt on fine (since its F23 standard), but you will then have 5 stud which would mean changing the rear to 5 stud too.

Either that, or if a combo comes with a 1.7cdti and in 4 stud, you should be able to use they hubs and shafts.. But nobody knows if you get such a thing.

Are Astra GSI shafts the same as Corsa 1.7CDTI? So if we used Astra shafts and CDTI hubs that would fit too? Basically Astra/CDTI driveshafts the same fitment?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Theres lots of different ways to do it and can use lots of different parts to do it.

Can just buy an mtech kit for the whole conversion too

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Wheres the fun in that? I dont have £550 to spend on some parts that can be sourced from breakers. Only part with a question over it is the hubs, and what shafts to use.

At £550 though, id rather source parts from other cars!

If i do it, im planning on buying a complete turbo car, so will be able to remove Astra hubs to see if they can be fitted into corsa wheel bearings. Although id much rather know what i need before hand and try ddo the mechanical conversion in 1 day, as i have not a lot of space at my garage for a car to sit disabled!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Cheers Jim, do they work with Astra shafts too then? Says use with LMF shafts?

If thats the only proper 'modified part' i had to use, id be happy with that to keep 4 stud and simplicity!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts