Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i quite fancy putting a Z20Let into a corsa C.

I have neither a z20let or a corsa yet so want to know some info before buying.

Thinking about buying a facelift (2005 on) corsa 1.2 sxi and an astra coupe turbo complete.

Id like a full run down of what parts are used if possible and more info on wiring and ecu set ups.

I read that a 1.2 ecu can be reflashed with z20let software to save messing with transponders etc. which 1.2 corsas does this work with as im looking at facelift 1.2 sxi's which i here are canbus, does that pose any problems for wiring? Corsa twinports different?

Where could do this re-flash (possible to still add stage 3 etc maps?)

Is there any definative wiring guides like there is for corsa b xe/ lets?

What driveshafts/ hubs are used with the F23 box? Any easy bolt on or need special made?

What mounts are used? 1.7 cdti rear mount and front mount, standard drivers mount?

Gearbox linkages used?

Read astra fans are used?

Any advice appreciated!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Ok, i quite fancy putting a Z20Let into a corsa C.

I have neither a z20let or a corsa yet so want to know some info before buying.

Thinking about buying a facelift (2005 on) corsa 1.2 sxi and an astra coupe turbo complete.

Id like a full run down of what parts are used if possible and more info on wiring and ecu set ups.

I read that a 1.2 ecu can be reflashed with z20let software to save messing with transponders etc. which 1.2 corsas does this work with as im looking at facelift 1.2 sxi's which i here are canbus, does that pose any problems for wiring? Corsa twinports different?

Where could do this re-flash (possible to still add stage 3 etc maps?)

Is there any definative wiring guides like there is for corsa b xe/ lets?

What driveshafts/ hubs are used with the F23 box? Any easy bolt on or need special made?

What mounts are used? 1.7 cdti rear mount and front mount, standard drivers mount?

Gearbox linkages used?

Read astra fans are used?

Any advice appreciated!
You already have the idea tbh.

Yes the 1.2 can get used. And can be mapped with any map the same as a zlet ecu.

Not much wiring info around as far as i know but its not that hard anyway with TIS or autodata printouts.

Use the astra shafts. You can get bolt on jobys for the hubs etc no messing around at all.

Gear linkage is the same or corsa 1.7 setup

I know the rad fits but most people use slim lines

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers mate, so say i get a 2005 or newer 1.2 Sxi (one ive seen is a twinport, think that makes a difference? Wiring?), i would fit complete engine/loom and F23 box using standard ZLET drivers mount, Corsa 1.7CDTI gearbox mounts and gear cables/mech? The ZLET loom plugs into the original 1.2 ECU which i can get stage 3 ZLET map put on? I can use Astra shafts with what hubs? Surely they dont fit Corsa hubs, that would be too easy?

So really, the main issues for me are:

What shaft set ups are available?

Who does the ECU flashing? I could send this away to be done once 1.2 engine starts coming out.

Wiring- Im a mechanic so wiring is always my biggest issue, although ive done a few various conversions ive never had to work it out myself. Is it similar to Corsa B's in that the wiring that needs done is Fuel pump, oil light, rev counter, earths and ECU feeds?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Best advice I can give you is don't waste your time, Corsa Cs are horrible to drive and Zlets are crap engines.

I had one (ph2) and wasn't impressed at all.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont think C's drive bad? Or do you mean once theyve got 300bhp? Why do you say a Zlet is crap? Seem to make 300bhp with the usual mods, which is all id be after for now.

Thought it would be a fun, reliable, daily driveable toy for the road and maybe track days?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The whole EPS thing ruins how they drive and also heavy cars so need lots of power to make them fast, I did a track day in my C zlet and it was crap tbh, had more fun a 1.6 Tigra! I honestly think an Astra coupe turbo would out handle a C round a track, MK4 chassis is much better.

And zlets go through turbos for fun (£400 a a time), leak from every single gasket, valve stem seals etc etc etc. I've had 3 and never again. They also never make standard power on the rollers and always under.

If you still want to go ahead with the conversion though, PM warren g on corsa sport, he sells wiring guides.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not a female so i wont be driving around in any Astra Coupe! Lol

Yeh a fair few ive seen have VXR turbo upgrades, one even done by Vauxhall on a standard car, so they must know the standard one is crap!

Thanks ill maybe PM him and see what the crack is, although i have access to Autodata to get pin-outs and its not meant to be hard!

·
Registered
311 Posts
C20let end off stop bein a ******:lmao:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Never heard the above before lmao. Plenty of reliable 300bhp lets out there when they have the VXR stuff and a remap. And slow? Lol must of been your build buddy coz i wouldnt say theyre slow. I was having this evo with ease the other day wheel spinning it for fun just to piss the evo driver off lol. I agree handling isnt up to much on the wet or damp. But in the dry the straight line speed more then makes up for it. On a dual carriage way section the gap i can pull on most cars is just stupid. They aint catching up on no corners lol. As for a 1600 being more fun i find that to be bs to be quite honest. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Best advice I can give you is don't waste your time, Corsa Cs are horrible to drive and Zlets are crap engines.

I had one (ph2) and wasn't impressed at all.
must of just been your c that was horrible to drive ive driven 3 now and there great fun with a zlet in them ,

·
Registered
487 Posts
zlets are sound m8 tbh mines on 156k starts first turn even in this weather and made a healthy 256bhp with basic bolt on mods and still running a let turbo! when the tax n test run out on coupe shall be putting let into a combo c ;-)

as for the conversion - use a cdti subframe as it has the correct mounts , do not think u can use full zlet side mount think you have to use part diesel/part zet

twinports are different !

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
zlets are sound m8 tbh mines on 156k starts first turn even in this weather and made a healthy 256bhp with basic bolt on mods and still running a let turbo! when the tax n test run out on coupe shall be putting let into a combo c ;-)

as for the conversion - use a cdti subframe as it has the correct mounts , do not think u can use full zlet side mount think you have to use part diesel/part zet

twinports are different !
dont think you can use the diesel subframe as the front engine mount is slightley wrong place and needs moving over by 10mm

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeh no matter what subframe is used the front gbox mount needs cut and moved... That isnt a problem anyway. I just hate wiring, ive little or no patience for that kind of thing!

Really need to source the 1.7 diesel bits or its a big bill buying bits new from Vauxhall. Wont be doing that!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeh no matter what subframe is used the front gbox mount needs cut and moved... That isnt a problem anyway. I just hate wiring, ive little or no patience for that kind of thing!

Really need to source the 1.7 diesel bits or its a big bill buying bits new from Vauxhall. Wont be doing that!
Mines not cut.. Just a few spacers in and the m32 mounted up all nice

·
Registered
130 Posts
1.7Cdti corsa rear mount - 24463130 + 24463131 plus a 10mm spacer plate
1.7cdti corsa passenger mount - 24463127 + 1316000
Astra gsi front gbox - 9156951
Astra gsi drivers mount - 90576148

Thats for f23 + z20le*

You can use either 1.7cdti corsa hubs and shafts or can use gsi shafts with cdti hubs

Lmf corsa b hubs can also be used with abs ring on the shafts

1 - 20 of 50 Posts