Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does anyone think about the £5 a day congestion charge then?

I am against it completely and just wondered if I am in the majority.

In fact, I am so against it, I am going on a protest on Monday to voice my views, I might not drive to London much, but it will be other cities soon, then Motorways, then small towns and I'll have to give up my beloved Cav if this happens due to not being able to drive it due to lack of funds.

Please people, tell me what you think and also if any of you are up for the protest. Details on.....

http://www.sod-u-ken.co.uk

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I think it's an utter disgrace. How on earth has this got into
force? Surely this is not what the public want? I never drive thru
the centre of London but I'm so angry that theses civil servants
can get away with this!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Its just another piss take this country has to offer its citizenss :mad:

Soon there will be a charge to breath !!!

Bunch of political bas tards :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
tomstickland said:
I agree with congestion charging.
I Knew you would tom, dont know you personally but reading your posts over the yrs i knew it !!!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I live there, and if it works as designed it'll be a good thing, if not, it'll be a shambles.

If you never drive there, then you'll never understand how bad it can be, 1 hour to do 2 miles etc.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Animal said:
I live there, and if it works as designed it'll be a good thing, if not, it'll be a shambles.

If you never drive there, then you'll never understand how bad it can be, 1 hour to do 2 miles etc.
Thats just it, it wont work,not at £5 entry, it needs to be more like £50 to have an impact.

£5 gets you a big mac meal, londoners get paid well so it wont hurt their wallets much, Animal ??

It doesnt affect me as i dont drive to london, used to and know it is hard waiting hrs for a few miles but they are on about bringing it to other cities, glos included then it does affect me and wages round here wont compensate for an extra £100 loss a month :( :(

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
The Rig said:

£5 gets you a big mac meal, londoners get paid well so it wont hurt their wallets much, Animal ??
I wouldn't know, I work in Bracknell.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Compared to the Italians conjestion charging is nothing. Due to the pollution in their towns and cities (I believe the pollution levels are double the acceptable EU limit) most Sundays whole towns are closed to traffic. There are road blocks and if you get caught in your car you get a massive fine.

You've no choice but to take the train, cycle or walk.

Luckily in the UK it's windy and all our pollution gets blown over to Scandinavia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts