Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
folks,

what's the usual on an XE engine? with the clutch pedal up, should the release bearing sit lightly on the clutch release fingers, or should it sit back off the fingers...?

is the vauxhall pedal spring loaded to 'push' the release arm away from the clutch?

I've started to get an annoying rattle unless I gently rest on the clutch pedal (clutch doesn't slip until plenty more pressure on the pedal...)

grb

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
IF you lift the clutch pedal up, the release bearing will lift away from the fingers.

As the Clutch pedal is sprung toward the floor, it will pull the bearing onto the fingers, to take up the slack in normal operation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark T said:
IF you lift the clutch pedal up, the release bearing will lift away from the fingers.

As the Clutch pedal is sprung toward the floor, it will pull the bearing onto the fingers, to take up the slack in normal operation.
Thanks, so what were saying is that the release bearing is supposed to be spinning at crank speed all the time...?

This setup would cure the annoying rattle... but I feared an early demise of the release bearing - not so, if this is the intended setup.

grb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.