Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am having a lot of trouble with this. The gears do not easily shift into place. At times it is almost impossible to get the car into gear. Reverse is probably the worst. The car is a Opel Corsa (manual gears). Is there something i can do to fix this?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
try adjusting the clutch first so the cable goes tighter, you might find there's a lot of play in the cable just now so the clutch isn't moving enough to let you change gear

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Is there an easy way of identifying the clutch cable? What tools would i need to adjust it?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
its the cable that goes to the gearbox, just get someone to press the clutch and watch for it moving in the engine bay
you need to get a bar of some sort (pry bar/crowbar etc) and push the lever that's connected to the end of the clutch cable so the cable goes loose, then take the cable out of the lever,
then tighten up the block on the end of the clutch cable so when you put it back in the lever the cable is tighter than before, you dont want the cable being too tight once it's back in
might need a 10 or 13mm spanner, can't remember... some pliers too depending how easy the block moves

1 - 5 of 5 Posts