Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed rear springs and shocks now got clunking in rear on zafirab1.9cdti any advice b helpful

·
Registered
Astra G 3.2 V6, Vectra Hearse 1.8
257 Posts
Are you 100% sure both dampers and springs are correct size for your car...if the dampers are too long reach and or springs too short then when the axel moves up and down it may not be holding the springs in tight. Either that or just not tight enough. Maybe an exhaust hanger/rubber has dislodged near axel area when fitting. Its more than likely something simple

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took springs off n shocks tightened them up good but noticed the springs had been rubbing on top 2 coils where it tapers out ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
As in the spring coils are rubbing the dampers?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ah sounds like you solved the problem. Be carefull if they are that soft as they probably break under load. Grab yourself some other set

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes,I bought cheap coilovers just to get me moving again but gonna save for real ones. As the saying goes "buy cheap,buy twice" but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do to get by. There are inserts you can buy for towing that sit between the coils and would stop them runbing but they will stiffen your ride in a terrible way...better to save and get springs

·
Registered
257 Posts
Would u know if my zafirab1.9cdti elite has sports or standard coil springs
ah i understand now,no i am not sure at all but zafiras i think are same chassis as astra so maybe you find a pair of them that fit for cheaper easier? don't hold me to that though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts