Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just trying to fit my digi dash, went to see another 6 speed box today but my speedo drive doenst seem to be in the same place (by the linkage) i cant find the drive at all in the engien bay!

I took out my old clocks, but the plastic surround (i have a mk3 astra) doesnt cover the digi dash, the digi dash is too small. What do you lot do to get arround this? is there another sort of surround you can get?

Im just going to match up wire colours to get the connectors the same, is this ok? Ive looked everywhere for the speedo driveo n the gearbox i cant beleive i cant find it. Theres something electrical similar on the front with two wires coming from it but i dont know if its a oil temp/level or something?

James

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
All the drives on the f28 are in the same place.
The connection your refering too sounds like the reverse switch,there another on the side which is 1st recogntion i believe.
Your old clocks have to be driven by something yeah,i'm guessing there a cable coming out of your box at the moment,this need to be replacing with the digi tranducer.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when the engines in place, is the speedo drive on the bottom or round the back of the gearbox or anytihng? on the clutch side or anything that i cant get to?

just found a speedo mechanical drive cable coming out where my clocks were.

Basically when i bought the car it has the 16v turbo electronic clocks on it unconnected. trying to work it out ill go have another play but ive been looking for ages now.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
sounds like you have an F28 for the electrical speedos, not the mechanical ones.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds right because theres no drive there at all :( where does the feed come from for the speedo then because i have an electrical clock setup from the same car so i dont understand! where does it work from?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just looked on back of my 16v clocks and i have one connector missing, its a 7 plug connector (4 down one side and 3 pins parallel to it in one plug) ill get a photo when i get home, but i think it will be the reason why its not working.

I dont know where it will run tothough, i presume ill still have the calibra ecu too. Shame the digital clocks wouldnt work with my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts