Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.djrickduncan.co.uk/vids/steve.mpg

this sunday was the 1st time id ever run a car up the strip. the clip was my second run.
1st run was 14.861 1/[email protected] react .839
2nd run was 14.307 1/[email protected] react .738

I dont know if anyone saw it, but there was a bright yellow nissan 200sx/zx turbo thing with big spoiler and dodgey gaphics, the bloke on the mic really bigged it up saying it was really fast running 470bhp and not even a mention about my cabbie! he was giving all the biggen when i was chatting to him in the queue saying that i should put my roof down coz it was hot and that he had air con. when i said im leaving it up coz the car goes quicker, he laughed and replied "and thats gonna make a difference in that then" in his sarky voice! well as you can see in the clip i licked him up hard and i crossed the line over a second quicker than him, how silly did he look! :D

my clutch was slipping really bad and is now fooked! was a b*itch to get any traction in 1st and 2nd! im now doubting whether to put the f28 box that ive got sitting here in. good acceleration with the f20 and which is far more useful than the top speed in the f28!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Yes chap i watched you go up a couple of times your times could be so much better if it wasnt for the launch did look quick once you managed to get going - and that bloke in that is a complete tit sorry but he was "bigging" himself up to a mate of mine who drives a black MR2 Turbo (import) with full Veliside kit (its black) he was going on to him last year how he wouldnt stand a chance blah blah blah yopu might have seen it on sunday on the JVC stand and going up the strip the MR2 is only a bit over stock around 250-260 i think and he wasted it, obviously he is still talking carp.

Speaking of 200sx's though there is a guy you may know - Orange (More like a deep Volvo colour) with Silva written down the side and option motorsport stickers all over it , he lives in milton keynes and that thing is quick around 340bhp he "said" and when we were following him on the way back it bloody looked like it. Watch that one - that is very quick.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know! they said after that race that he had blown his intercooler over the mic........what a load of crap, he had another run straight after and was still in the 15's. even if he had blown a pipe off, the car wouldnt have ran very well if at all!
i know my launch was abit crap, cant get the power down and the fact my clutch was slipping badly didnt help. i feel i could do a better time, as my mate in his gold skyline pulled a [email protected] and mine was [email protected], just shows i cant get the power dowm quick enough :(
still thats the 1st times ive ever run up the stripso not too bad, maybe up there this sunday for some practice ;)

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
superb mate, always good to see some cocky nobber gettin his *** kicked.

FYI re: f28. the ratios are the same as the f20, only it has an extra cog to go. you know what to do

rodgerq

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Somethin defo werent right with the 200, it launched well then seemed to stall back, either as Odders said he hit the wrong gear or summat went wrong, that certainly looked to me like it would have been alot quicker.

Not dissin the Astras performance though, top notch.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Well i've not been Down the strip yet But that looks like a perfect start to me. Not much wheelspin is good isn't it?

I'm goin to PV this year in my nova GTE and i'm definately gonna try and get down the strip :D Any tips or tricks to get fast times?? How to start off etc..? Is wheelspin good or bad?

Dan

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I've been up the pod quite a lot and seen that yellow s13, think he is full of it personally as I've never seen it run well. Did spot your motor though, terminal speeds were spot on, I bet its crap off the start lmao mines no better!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its hard to get the power down and i was very surprised with my terminal speed. it does look like that nissan slipped a gear in the clip but he had 2 more runs after that and they both in the 15's as i watched them, the guy was full of s*it imo

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
the 200sx sounded like it got major wheelspin in 2nd gear, or that he missed a gear, revvs dropped big time, so i'd say he mis-shifted. Def shouldn't have beat it, It will have better pull off power as its rwd and better pull in the mid range and top speed also. Swap cars with him next time u'll probably still win, coems down to crap driving and good driving looks like in that instance.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I recognise that yellow 200SX.... Known as 'yellow peril' its owned by a right nob head that everyone on the SXOC slates..... the owner lies about pretty much everything on it..... supposed to have an HKS intercooler, but its just a crap one with HKS sprayed on it.

Its got nowhere near 400bhp lmao

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its running phase 2 eds kit. they obvioulsy dont like that bloke 'yellow peril' people may say that he should beaten me this that and the other, im not fussed one bit, but i will tell you that i watched him run twice after and was still running in mid 15s.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Bloomin slow for 470bhp, what a load of carp, a standard Nissan 200SX 1.8 turbo should run 15.2 on the 1/4 mile.

Not 100% sure, but that 200SX might be one that I see driving around Hemel Hempstead, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.