Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,can anyone shed any light on this one for me?

I was just wasting time yesterday and found myself flicking through the RAC car registration info site,and as you do was intrigued to find out if any of my old cars were still alive or not.
Ive had quite a few cars and im on my seventh mk1 astra now,i thought i would see if any of the old one's came up on the system.....the only one that did was my mint black gte that i know definatly IS dead,i know this because some scabby pathetic scrotum decided it was within his rights to nick an torch it!

****3RS :mad:

Now i dont know how these systems work but im assuming that those details wouldve been deleted by now as the car was scrapped over three years ago.

Could someone be using that cars identity? It was only the top half that burned,so surely the chassis plates and the number stamped in the floor by the drivers seat wouldve been intact, and i know that when it was found it had the number plates off of a poxy austin montego!

Can anyone give me any help on this one as its getting my back up a bit,id be mighty ****ed if i found out someone else is driving around in a car that has a fake id. :mad:

Or perhaps im just jumping to conclusions and being paranoid..... :rolleyes:

Cheers peeps :beer:

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
the data seems to be rather innacturate in regaruds to the cars history imo

my dads old audi got written off in dec02 and the RAC said the last owner change was aug02, and he had had the car for 4years when he wrote it off

also, apparantly my nova has only had one owner.... where i know 3ppl have ownd it before me.

and again, a car my dad just bought, doent even show up, although its taxed and tested.

so from this experiance id say its pretty innacurate.

/edit
although on all of the cars above it got the make, model, trim correct

ie. it was an audi A4 1.8T sport....etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.