Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Vectra Gsi with standard headlamps. I have recently fitted a HId headlamp kit which is working fine. I have fitted it using the wiring harness supplied as recommended by the manufacturer. this kit has a multi plug that fits into one of the bulb holders to enable the kit to recive a signal to power both bulbs. This leaves the other bulb holder on the other side now redundant. My problem now is that the car thinks i there is a bulb blown. To rectify this i wired up a bulb to make a circuit thinking that the check control worked by detecting a open circuit but this made no difference. Realising the system works by detecting low resistance i changed the bulb for one with a higher resistance but again had the same problem. I then fitted the origional H7 bulb and this did stop the check light iluminating but running a loose head lamp bulb is not ideal.

Can anyone suggest what type of resistor i need and what size etc and where i might be able to get one from?

I used a multi meter on the H& bulb and got a reading of 0.5ohms.

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
it's the dip bulb load it doesn't like.

your best off disabling the check control for the headlamps.

rought procedure is.

remove glovebox
locate check control unit. (black box & black connector) with 4 big ish yellow wires going into it.

cut the 4 wires, turn on headlamp switch. using multimeter, work out which of the 2 of the yellow wires has 12v on it (with headlamp switch on)

mark the live wires (ones with 12v on)
turn headlamp switch off

connect one wire that has 12v on it to a wire that doesn't.

connect the remaining two wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts