Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a really simple question, but...

I bought a Nikkai 4 Door Central Locking kit from Maplin for £25 (half price sale) 2 front doors are motorized, and it has the ability to plug in to an alarm by means of "White wire is lock control and Brown wire is unlock control"

Okay, well firstly, I started taking my door apart to fit it today and I relaized that I didn't have the cable conduit or grommits for the cables to pass from the door to the body. The holes are there, but they are just plugged. Anyone know of anywhere that I can get the conduit to fit, as I would like to fit electric windows at a later date.

Secondly... Do you know of an alarm that I can use with this, I don't really want to buy it from Maplin (I want quality stickers for my windows) I want to spend less than a hundred on it, and it must have the shake sensor, microwave (???) sensor and the ability to unlock my car in conjunction with the central locking.

I eventually want to remove the door locks and have them covered and resprayed in the summer, but if the battery does go flat, I will still have access through my boot to get in the car.

Regards
Gunter

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Secondly... Do you know of an alarm that I can use with this, I don't really want to buy it from Maplin (I want quality stickers for my windows) I want to spend less than a hundred on it, and it must have the shake sensor, microwave (???) sensor and the ability to unlock my car in conjunction with the central locking.
hmmmmmmmm dont think so some how. You say u want a quality alarm, but for less than a ton??

Theres not a lot of alarms that fit that description. I agree dont get no shitty alarm from argos or maplin.

I think the best option for you is to get a MicroScan alarm. I have the 440 series on my astra, and its a good alarm. Its fully upgradabe aswell, so in the next couple of weeks i shall be adding interior microwave sensors and upgradng the sensors for the outside.

It will also control your central locking. I shall be fitting central locking to my astra in the near future aswell.

Otherwise, ur gonna have to save up and by a 200 quid one matey.

Hope this helps,

BigKingy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that - I'll have to cut down on the beers.

I tried to fit the central locking, but I found that I didn't have any conduit between the door and body of the car. Without this the cable would serious snag up. I do have the holes drilled, but they are plugged (as standard).

After a call to Vauxhall in Harlow, I am still no closer to getting them as they no longer make them for my car. I visited a scrappy, and he told me that they all get thrown away when they strip the car, but I left my number with him for when they get another Astra in, but I don't know if I can rely on a scrappy to call me up, for what would only be a couple of quid sale.

Any ideas?
Gunter

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,133 Posts
Mk2 Astra's don't have 'conduit' from the doors top the body, the loom in the door comes out of a grommet and ends in a plug, with a socket on the car body.
On mine I have simply made a hole in the middle of the grommet that blanks the hole as standard, and fed some wires down some heatshrink tube, and pushed it into the hole in the grommet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts