Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was travelling north last night when a CBR600 motorbike came tooting from behind, I was cruising in 6th and just blipped the car forward a couple of times to see if he wanted to play,
he pulled along side me and looked straight at me, then he knocked it down a few gears and accelerated, I went straight down into 4th and armed the nitrous, by the time I had done this he was about a car length in front of me, I went all the way through 4th and then through the whole of 5th and guess what, We were still in exactly the same position, I couldn't believe that I was keeping up with a CBR 600 (no passenger) in a straight line from 100MPH to approx 150MPH. He backed off and I shot past in 6th, held on the power for a few more seconds then eased off and slowed down to 80, as he came up along side he popped his visor up and nodded his head and gave me the thumbs up in appreciation, I was so chuffed with myself, I rang most of my mates up to tell them the news..

He pulled off at the next exit and flashed me once again, then he was gone.

I know a lot of people don't like road racing but I couldn't pass on the opportunity and the road was quiet.

Regards Bren

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
nice one! very impressive that, but i'm sure you'll get loads of people saying, cars cant keep up with bikes as usual :rolleyes:
bet you're chuffed! :)

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am so chuffed I cannot say,

I have raced many bikes but not bothered to post on the net as the same old argument erupt, I know bikes are fast, I tried racing an R6 (i had one of these) from a standing start and got made to look stupid as it shot away, this CBR was really going for it though, I think the higher starting speed must have been to my advantage.

Regards Bren

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
yup, you've done well!, got a great vid of a yank tank racing a gsxr1000 from 80 to 150 and winning! think it has two huge turbos and a v8 though :D

·
Registered
20,453 Posts
You've got some go-go in the Astra then, thats for sure :D

I remember years back I was 'racing' my mate on a traffic-light grand prix, me in a modded XR2, he in a 205 1.6Gti - we were quick but not that quick lmao

So, anyway, we hammer it off the line, shifting up thru the gears and we are neck and neck - I turn to my left to look at my mate; as I do so, a Honda VFR passes between us on a wheelie us like we're standing still - There cant have been 3 1/2 feet between our cars! :eek:

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
pretty sure its a turbo too. but realistically, could a guy wheelie a bike at 130mph and not be blown clean off the back, or for that matter do nigh on 240mph and still be steady as a rock.

any overreading speedo gen.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Perfectly possible to do 130+ on the rear wheel, have a look about for gen on Gary Rothwell.

·
Registered
421 Posts
is the speedo drive driven by the rear wheel or at the gear box,as the speedo was climbing up the mph scale,as he pooped that wheelie,and kept on climbing ,even with the front wheel in the air?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Nice one, a mate has a MR2 Turbo with about 360bhp and he raced a R6 and although the bike pulled away (rolling start) he caught it and they gained on each other every so often until they both backed off! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.