Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys going to start on the cavs install,

any useful guides kicking around for building a nice boot install (i want everything boxed in and leaving plenty boot space

would appreciated some advice on doing false floors mainly

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
sorry for the thread hi-jack, but i just wondered what a false floor is :eek: ? have very limited knowledge of ice installs, and i;ve heard that term a few times. is it just a piece of wood that goes over the spare wheel well?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Its a piece off like mdf or perspex just to put on the floor but leave a gap between the floor and itself so that you can hide stuff or make i cool display in the gap. Usually a gap of a few inches. Looks cool when done neatly. :)

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope its gotta be a full on proper install :) single 12" sub built into one side and amp on the other leaving me a full boot :)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
So what you want is your a sub n amp but takes the very least amount of space?

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
might go for a granite finish on the boot floor(tiles over mdf basewith the sides and top trimmed in alcantra and all light by some mean and moody purple CRT's

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I see! Me thinks its gonna look the dogz hairy's. So do a false flooe with mdf n make a perspex panel with your amp in and a cool light hiding beside it. Make your amp look mega funky! Could also put stuff on top off it. Could also put amp in spare wheel well but funk it up a bit no?

Gary

Wots crt? :)

Found this. Sorta an unusual but cool way! :)

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/ccsrip/ice/images/wheelwell.jpg

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Cathcart cav said:
Its a piece off like mdf or perspex just to put on the floor but leave a gap between the floor and itself so that you can hide stuff or make i cool display in the gap. Usually a gap of a few inches. Looks cool when done neatly. :)
:beer:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
But that is actually a good idea. Just woudlnt get the max sound from it. You get best sound if the box is exactly the correct measurments. you no away yet...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts