Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help on getting the car aerial out to put in a new one. its an electric one. somebody has snapped it while it was up so all thats left is a stub. ive bought a replacement aerial to go on. please help!!!

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
its held in with a bolt towards the bottom then you should be able to pull it down and then out

if there is more stubb in than you can get out, turn the unit and the thing on the wing round by 90 degrees and pull the aerial out into the boot instead of into the recess in the corner

tom

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
lillisa said:
i need help on getting the car aerial out to put in a new one. its an electric one. somebody has snapped it while it was up so all thats left is a stub. ive bought a replacement aerial to go on. please help!!!
if the aerial still works why not just change the mast. never done one myself but i would imagine a few people on here have.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For what it costs to buy a new ariel these days, changing the entire unit as opposed to the mast may be more cost effective.

Did that make sense, or am i losing it? lmao

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wallopsri said:
if the aerial still works why not just change the mast. never done one myself but i would imagine a few people on here have.
thats what ive bought. i could remember the word when i started the topic. so how would i go about getting it out. ive took the nut off thats at the base of the mast and i tried pulling but it wont come out. im miffted!!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
lillisa said:
thats what ive bought. i could remember the word when i started the topic. so how would i go about getting it out. ive took the nut off thats at the base of the mast and i tried pulling but it wont come out. im miffted!!
as far as i can remember i think you remove the nut from the base of the mast, (it should have two flat sides to allow for a spanner), then you activate the radio, so the aerial motor is putting the aerial up, whilst the aerial motor is still going you pull the mast up and it should come out. to re-fit you feed the long plastic cable into the motor and switch the radio off,( this should cause the aerial to retract and engage onto the plastic cable, pulling it into the aerial body). i think the plastic cable is supposed to be fitted in a specific way with regard to like meshing teeth, so make sure you check the one you remove. hope this helps.:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts