Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s the story with the Cav V6 You don’t see too many Posts on here about them.
I was wondering why.

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
Largely because, compared to Astras, Novas etc. (and other cars with not enough pistons or valves ;) ) we are in the minority.
There weren't that many V6's (and Turbos) made in relation to other models.
Check out cavweb (if you don't already), there's possibly a few more V6 owners on there ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now Your Talking ':D'

I cant understand someone buying a 4 pot and then spending all that time and money trying to up grade 6 pot spec.

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
Well, the turbo engine already has 30+ bhp on us anyway :(
And the C20XE (in standard form) is only 20bhp behind.....
There's not a lot in it to be honest.
We still got the best engine though (unless you need to change spark plugs) :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
I`m always on here lurking in the mists.

Wouldn`t change my car for anything, looks like a 1.8i, beats impreza turbo`s, nuff said.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Evil said:
We still got the best engine though (unless you need to change spark plugs) :D
Uh oh, I'm doing mine next weekend, i thought that rear bank didn't look like too much fun!!:(

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
gurnE said:
Uh oh, I'm doing mine next weekend, i thought that rear bank didn't look like too much fun!!:(
There's a How2 on Cavweb... inlet manifold has to come off apparently..
Most who tackle it say it is much easier than they expected.

·
Registered
74 Posts
spark plugs wil probably be covered in oil, rocker gaskets will have gone change them at the same time and don't pay vxl prices get them from a factor.

steve

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
steve c said:
spark plugs wil probably be covered in oil, rocker gaskets will have gone change them at the same time and don't pay vxl prices get them from a factor.

steve
Vx spark plugs are very good value, haven't priced up the gaskets (yet) but aren't expecting to pay much for them.
My advice... always use genuine wherever possible (especially service items).

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I had a Cavvy V6. As I worked for MSD at the time a few bits like cams etc found their way into the car :)

Think its dead now, guy who I sold it to killed it when he ignored the oil pump gasket leak for to long...R.I.P :(

Oh and Evil, u still got them tools mate??????

1 - 20 of 37 Posts