Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I need to get hold of a Dark Blue Cav MK3 Bonnet.
Possibly a front bumper too, again Dark Blue, the SRi one with the fog lamps, although the bonnet is more important.

Definatly need to get hold of a Tigra rear bumper, in the gold colour. If anyone can help with either, please PM me asap.

Just had a prang need to get it sorted asap, don't want to have to go through my insurance :( :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi mate,

Im picking up a dark blue 8v SRi tomorrow that im breaking so depending on the condition of the parts you requested i should be able to sort you out??

Im in Birmingham though, is that a bit too far??

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing too far away LoL - not even had a proper look at the car (the bonnet was already a two man job to get in due to a streached cable) I know I need the bonnet, and grill, I will put up a picture if that helps with the colour. How much would you be looking for the bonnet, and grill, maybe the bumper, if its cheap enough. And also dunno how easy it is, or if it even comes off, the strip with the washer/wippers for the head lights, it already has a bend in from a previous bump (previous owner) now it has another. Any chance of that too?

Thanks Andy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Scoobler said:
Nothing too far away LoL - not even had a proper look at the car (the bonnet was already a two man job to get in due to a streached cable) I know I need the bonnet, and grill, I will put up a picture if that helps with the colour. How much would you be looking for the bonnet, and grill, maybe the bumper, if its cheap enough. And also dunno how easy it is, or if it even comes off, the strip with the washer/wippers for the head lights, it already has a bend in from a previous bump (previous owner) now it has another. Any chance of that too?

Thanks Andy.
Hi mate,

Dunno if its the same colour, will check when i get the car tomorrow dinnertime!

If it is, id be looking for around £40 for the bonnet, bumper, grille and the strippy thingy!!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I have a very clean one in Lancaster, but in Glacier white.

It's off a 1993 SRi 16v.

£20 collected :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Scoobler said:
Nice one Andy ;)

Any updates on the cav yet? Does it look the right colour? Hows the front panels?

Dan, if Andy's is the wrong colour, or isn't any good I may just take you up on that offer ;)
Hi mate,

It looks the right colour but just to be safe the paint code is 23L??

The bonnet, bumper and grille all look very good condition, that strip thing has a few stone chips on but im not sure if it even comes off!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, stone chips I can live with ;) The strip does come off, its either a glue used which can come off using a heat source, sometimes a hair dryer will do, sometimes something a little hotter. Other times its like a little tac weld, which a chisel can take off.

Also, how is the passenger side head light, the brackets have broken on mine :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Scoobler said:
Cool, stone chips I can live with ;) The strip does come off, its either a glue used which can come off using a heat source, sometimes a hair dryer will do, sometimes something a little hotter. Other times its like a little tac weld, which a chisel can take off.

Also, how is the passenger side head light, the brackets have broken on mine :(
The head lights sound mate, how does £50 for the lot sound??

Let me know if this is ok by PM and when you could collect??

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts